Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Where do you buy your clothes?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:17 PM
  • 37 Replies

I get lucky with my 3 yr old and 13 month old I get almost all their things from a used children's store we have or from Craigslist,  my 6 yr old I have some luck at the used store other I get on sale with 20% off coupons.

i have no idea where to get nice clothes for myself that won't cost a fortune.  I go to Salvation Army at times but most of the stuff is so out dated.  I work and need to dress up for work, with out spending $100 on 1 outfit.

by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hopethedogsmama
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:55 PM

We have a place called My Sisters Closet. It is a nice thrift store more like a consignment store that sells nice clothes then benefits a program for prevention of domestic violence.

Hopethedogsmama
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Also Target, Khols.

Nicolle_09
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Good Will sometimes, Facebook pages, Craigslist but mainly JCP or Walmart

lillucky8
by Jen on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Kohls, target, burlington coat factory, and outlets. Im addicted to the outlets. I drive about an hour and pay sales tax and the deals i get are still better than shopping retail.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dark_Horse
by New Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Free stores, thrift stores, Ross, Walmart, and target
XOXOnBubbles
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:52 AM

I do yard sales, second hand stores, and clearance racks.  Target and JC Penny's get some really good clearance deals.  I also like Ross, but don't shop there often. 

mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this
What kind of nice clothes?? i think it depends on what you consider nice. my neighbor thinks Target is "fancy". Up until last year I did great shopping online clearance at various stores - Express, Limited, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, Macy's for shoes...you have to drop the idea that everything is expensive. With a little research, coupon codes, knowing your size, and having a tailor, there's no reason why you can't have a whole outfit, including shoes, for $100 - but since most people dont buy shoes for every outfit, you could get at least two outfits for $100 or less. The key is to get pieces that are interchangeable. Cardigans can be used to dress down, and the blazers are always nice to dress up jeans. Stay away from graphic shirts and always throw on an accessory or two. Chunky bracelets, a watch, a chunky necklace or scarf - always add "oomph" (in retail, they call it "flair).
I worked in a law office - jeans were only for days spent moving files or going out to locations, I generally wore a suit, blouse, and heels at the office all the time. No one knew I found my suits on clearance - I even got lucky and found a pair of Coach sandals for $26 at TJMaxxx - they also sell name brand clothes off-season - so make sure you look there! If you ever go to a major city check out their Ross, Marshall's and TJMaxx. When I go to Los Angeles, I check out their Good Wills. For jeans, I like a place called Plato's Closet. I bought my daughter a pair of Miss Me's ($120 jeans!!) for $12. Took them to a tailor to have them hemmed ($10) and there's her "party" jeans. Plus, they should last her awhile (she doesn't grow "out" she just grows up).
Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeautyFull
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:19 AM
Check out 599fashion.com. you will go crazy!

Quoting MommytoAbigail:

I get lucky with my 3 yr old and 13 month old I get almost all their things from a used children's store we have or from Craigslist,  my 6 yr old I have some luck at the used store other I get on sale with 20% off coupons.

i have no idea where to get nice clothes for myself that won't cost a fortune.  I go to Salvation Army at times but most of the stuff is so out dated.  I work and need to dress up for work, with out spending $100 on 1 outfit.

newwifenmom
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I shop Macys only when they are having sales, Ross, Marshalls, Burlington

veraxaudeo
by Ashley Nicole on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Express and Target. Mostly Express though. I'd rather pay more for quality clothes that I love than save a ton of money on clothes I want to throw out after a couple of wears. :/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)