Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

need suggestions, ideas

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:14 AM
  • 18 Replies

I homeschool my younger ones through k12 and am looking for inexpensive rewards for when they do good. I have stickers and the boys really don't care. I was looking at Oriental Trading and Amazon. Thing is the quanities are huge, I really dont need 32 stress balls or tons of candy. Any ideas?

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherandree
by Inga on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:21 AM
2 moms liked this

Try the dollar section at Target or WalMart (although I like Target's dollar section better).  When we were doing the reward system, I got all our stuff there.  Kites, bubbles, handh held games, erasers, tattoos, and bouncy balls.  Plus, they change it out every couple of weeks unlike other places.

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I forgot about Targets dollar section. I will have to check them out. Thanks.

Quoting anotherandree:

Try the dollar section at Target or WalMart (although I like Target's dollar section better).  When we were doing the reward system, I got all our stuff there.  Kites, bubbles, handh held games, erasers, tattoos, and bouncy balls.  Plus, they change it out every couple of weeks unlike other places.

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:00 PM

That's what I was going to suggest.

Quoting anotherandree:

RosePetalTears
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:04 PM

if you have a michaels near you they have something similar to the dollar section at target. Its a little more expensive but they have amazing clearance prices when switching out the seasons.

Stacie03
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:58 PM

All good ideas from the above ladies to check the dollar spots at various stores.  

Another idea is to do an activity together.  As rewards for being good or completing their chores, or for whatever reason I have a set of reward cards for my kids to choose from (they are 5 &3) I included things like: go out for ice cream, movie and popcorn night, play at the park, go to the beach, dinner in front of the tv w/ a movie, baking/cooking with mom, fishing w/ dad, and more.  

I like the idea of not spending a ton of money on special rewards and not adding to the already overwhelming toy clutter that the kids have.  These reward cards do the trick for me.

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:54 AM

I haven't been to one in a long time. I will have to check them out.

Quoting RosePetalTears:

if you have a michaels near you they have something similar to the dollar section at target. Its a little more expensive but they have amazing clearance prices when switching out the seasons.

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:56 AM
2 moms liked this

Thank you for the card idea. I am already maxed with toy clutter. We were talking about how our kids dont take care of things the same way we did as kids.  I really love the reward card idea.

Quoting Stacie03:

All good ideas from the above ladies to check the dollar spots at various stores.  

Another idea is to do an activity together.  As rewards for being good or completing their chores, or for whatever reason I have a set of reward cards for my kids to choose from (they are 5 &3) I included things like: go out for ice cream, movie and popcorn night, play at the park, go to the beach, dinner in front of the tv w/ a movie, baking/cooking with mom, fishing w/ dad, and more.  

I like the idea of not spending a ton of money on special rewards and not adding to the already overwhelming toy clutter that the kids have.  These reward cards do the trick for me.

PurpleHazey
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:54 AM

How about doing a movie

PurpleHazey
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:55 AM

Quoting DawnPratt23:

I haven't been to one in a long time. I will have to check them out.

Quoting RosePetalTears:

There are dollar stores all over the place.

AzariahsMother
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:15 AM
What about something like I scream treats. Something more special like we don't buy the characters but if your kids like those.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN