Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Cell phone carrier

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:48 AM
  • 22 Replies
I have been with AT&T for 15 years now, but my bill has gotten out of hand. Can anyone give me some advice on Verizon prepay? I purchased the cheapest phone they had, and $15.00 card. I was told that we could talk to other Verizon customers, without it going against our time. But I noticed that even when I have a missed call it charges me 25 to 50 cents every time? Any suggestions I just don't want to be in a contract right now, and Verizon works well at my house. None of the other carriers work too well.
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kris10leighc
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't suggest any phone card prepay. The straight talks where it's unlimited and run off of AT&T or Verizon towers (you pick based on phone) seem better 50 bucks u limited talk text and data. I currently have a contract with Verizon and am thinking about switching over..
ColleenF30
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I love tmobile and it is prepay. I had major issues with straight talk, and switched almost a year ago. I now get 2.5g of 4g data (unlimited lower speed), unlimited talk and text for 60 a month.

SAMI_JO
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:07 AM

But I am having to pay for 4 phones. My income is only $750 per month. I can't spend $200 on cell phone service. But I am wanting to use it as my primary phone so that I don't have to pay for a land line.

kris10leighc
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:09 AM
We don't have tmobile in this area .. Or AT&T, virgin mobile, or anything else for that matter lol. Just Verizon and altell. I haven't heard complaints from the straight talk on Verizon towers. Just on AT&T but that's cause they don't provide good coverage here

Quoting ColleenF30:I love tmobile and it is prepay. I had major issues with straight talk, and switched almost a year ago. I now get 2.5g of 4g data (unlimited lower speed), unlimited talk and text for 60 a month.
kris10leighc
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I think with cards you will pay over that. They nickel and dime you to death. My suggestion would be the unlimited (wherever you choose) at 50 a month for your primary and then minute cards for the rest. If the others are around you can use the unlimited phone and card phones when they aren't or for emergencies.

Quoting SAMI_JO:

But I am having to pay for 4 phones. My income is only $750 per month. I can't spend $200 on cell phone service. But I am wanting to use it as my primary phone so that I don't have to pay for a land line.

SAMI_JO
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:13 AM

I think we will like Verizon, once we find the "right" plan for us.

kris10leighc
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:16 AM
Contracts are ridiculous. I pay 120 a month for 1 phone. But service is great lol. Specially in this area where we don't have anything else :/

Quoting SAMI_JO:

I think we will like Verizon, once we find the "right" plan for us.

kris10leighc
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:18 AM
1 mom liked this
http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix;jsessionid=BE41C2FDECCBCB9AAFAE108BD7F55042#search/Straight%20Talk%20Plans?adid=22222222221202281910&veh=sem&wl2=m&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl1=g&wl3=22787893082&wl0=e

Prices. It's mobile link but maybe it redirect you.
SAMI_JO
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you!

PurpleHazey
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Really, I was reading that there is going to be a pretty big jump on the price of cell phone usages, someone has to pay for the government spying on the peoples phone calls!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN