cupcake panI'm not going to argue the virtues of cupcakes. As much as I want to cry overkill with a new tempting shop popping up on every corner across America, the fact is they're fantastic. But you know what else is fantastic? Cupcake pans.

Oh sure you may make muffins and cupcakes in them, but there's so much more you can make and do with these pans -- some totally calorie free. Here are 10 ways to use a cupcake pan that you've probably never considered.

Freeze Single Servings of Soup

This is a great way to get hot, homemade soup in a snap. Just make a big batch, then freeze in muffin trays. Once it's frozen pop the individual servings out and freeze in bags. Then whenever you want soup for one, just heat up a few.

Make Individual Hashbrown Cups

I made these parmesan hashbrown cups recently, and they were easy (I started with frozen hashbrowns) and delicious. I had my doubts as to if they'd get as crisp as I like, but they definitely did. The whole family loved them.

Organize Jewelry

The individual cups are great for storing earrings, bracelets, and necklaces and for keeping them from becoming one big tangled mess.

Make Really Big Ice Cubes

Hot temps call for big ice. Add some food coloring  or flavoring to really spice things up.

Make Mini Taco Salad Bowls

Line the inside of the muffin cups with tortillas and bake until crisp. Then fill with you favorite toppings.

Serve Up an Adorable Lunch

Who needs a bento box when you have a muffin tin? The possibilities are endless.

Use One as a Planter

Muffin tins make perfect planters for small indoor plants or herbs, and they look adorable sitting on your counter or window sill.

Make Mini Pizzas

Perfectly portioned and easy to freeze, mini pizzas are great when made in a cupcake pan. This recipe for deep-dish pizzas is delish.

Make Individual Ice Cream Servings

For parties or large gatherings, scoop ice cream into a cupcake pan filled with liners ahead of time and freeze. Then when it's time to serve, just hand them out.

Serve Condiments

Be it ketchup, mustard, onions and pickles for burgers, or sour cream, salsa, peppers, and cheese for your Tex-Mex feast, cupcake pans make cute serving dishes for your condiments.

Have you ever used your cupcake pan for other things?