Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Seriously .....

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:05 PM
  • 17 Replies

I know it gets annoying with all the school supply complaints this time of year.  But geesh.  I am dropping over $150 just in supplies alone for 3 kids.  That is with all the special sales going on.  My first grader is easy her stuff is cheap.  But my 7th grader's stuff ugh.  And I know it is only going to get worse.  I also had to buy 3 airs of headphones with volume control, 10 boxes of kleenexes etc LOL

But on a happy note I didn't have to have any sort of help to buy said school supplies.  So yay me!!!

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by Jen on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Glad you were able to get everything, sorry its so expensive :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Whew!  Sonds like quite a list!

907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Frackin' ridiculous! I try to hit the clearance sales at the end of the season because I know the kids will always use pens, pencils, markers etc.
Moki75
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:10 PM

And I know the 7th grader will come home with more lists for each of his classes.  

chicken13
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I hear you and feel your pain.

Every year I hit the clearance after the sales are done.  It helps but it's sporadic.  Last year I got dozens of pkgs of filler paper for 10 cents each.  The year before glue sticks.  

I have a good size stash....but there's always things that run out or are very specific that I don't have.

RosePetalTears
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I'm dreading the cost of supplies once my kids get older. Right now the oldest is in 2nd grade and i can get supplies for all 3 of them for around $100

specialwingz
by Corey on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:05 PM

This is one part of raising kids I don't miss now that mine are grown.  =)

dalbax2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:19 PM

I was SO lucky my kids never had lists of supplies they had to get.  I always got them pens, pencils, notebooks and folders.  Also a backpack.  If there was something else special that the teacher wanted a note would come home stating what it was, but it was never anything excessive.  I never had to buy tons of glue sticks or 10 boxes of Kleenex or stuff like that. 

Stacie03
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Yikes!  I have 3 (so far) that will all eventually be in school I can only imagine how much things will cost when they all reach the middle/high school grades.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:10 PM

What used to kill me was that special graphing calculator they need in high school...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)