Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Do you have any bad habits that are bad for the budget?  if yes what are they and how do you work or don't work them in?

by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Replies (11-17):
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:28 PM

not sticking to couponing, and traveling a lot. Nov will be to my knowledge the last time I have to go to NM, unless I want to go for fun.

AzariahsMother
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:47 PM
That's smart

Quoting michiganmom116:

I give in to my kids too easily while we're shopping.  so, I plan on an extra $10/week if they're going shopping with me.

AzariahsMother
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Yep!! That's me too. Find a good deal and feeling like you can't pass it up.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Buying clearance that's not budgeted for always gets me!
AzariahsMother
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM
You don't budget for that?

Quoting p608319chef:

THAT time of the month.. it wrecks havoc.
matreshka
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I go to starbucks or a local cafe for a treat sometimes. Its within our spending money part of the budget but sometimes I do feel guilty.

specialwingz
by Corey on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:39 PM

We really don't have any bad spending/budget habits.  The worst thing I do is get a monthly manicure.  But, DH insists on it.  He knows it's my only guilty pleasure.  I stopped getting them several years ago when I was laid off.  I just couldn't justify it.  But, once I had them done for the wedding, he told me to just make it a regular "spoil".

mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:12 PM
My bad habit COULD be my craft supplies. But I TRY REALLY HARD to not buy anything until I've sold enough to cover the expense, or it's in my budget. I've been budgeting for years so its pretty easy to stay on track, but I always hear the tempting voice of new craft supplies calling me..."look at meeee...look at what I can doooo...see how fun I am????"
Ohmygosh, horrible voices!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)