Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Christmas Excitement!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 8:15 PM
  • 80 Replies
1 mom liked this
I am like the female santa. I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! Everything about it! The family and friends getting together, and baking, and shopping, and presents, and pictures, and my baby having fun, and the spirituality, and the whole Christmas story and meaning!!! It is so exciting I am literally bouncing in my recliner and it's only September 1st. (hangs head guilty) Anyways, I have a lot of people to shop for and slowly building my Christmas stash while everyone I try to talk to is looking at me like I grew another head lol. I need someone to talk Christmas and gush with!!! What are you planning? How far have you gotten? Who are you shopping for? Are you cooking? PLEASE!!! It's all pent up!!! :)
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
p608319chef
by Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 8:17 PM

BUMP!

Debmomto2girls
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 8:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Lol...I love Christmas too!  My girls are 15 & 12 but they are like little girls on Christmas morning.  I ahve ideas for them and will begin shopping soon.  I am looking for some new Christmas decorations also.  We are taking them to NY city for the day to see the lights, trees, ice skating, etc. in December.

DACIA79
by Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 8:24 PM
I'm only shopping for my kids my grandma who raised me passed 3 years ago. My other family is in Philadelphia I don't see them often I will be cooking I don't have a plan yet Im pregnant with my 3rd child and due September 18th so I have to get use to him before I even decide our holiday plans.
p608319chef
by Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Lol...I love Christmas too!  My girls are 15 & 12 but they are like little girls on Christmas morning.  I ahve ideas for them and will begin shopping soon.  I am looking for some new Christmas decorations also.  We are taking them to NY city for the day to see the lights, trees, ice skating, etc. in December.

Lol as you may can tell I am a little wacko about Christmas!! I am sure it is like having little ones again. I only have an almost 19 month old and my SO has adult children and grandchildren. (He is only 42 lol) I am getting a real tree this year. It is a big deal to his Daddy. You go out to the lot and pick a tree and have hot chocolate while they cut and load it. It must be exciting to go to NY!! I live in a small area. I am sure they will love it!!
p608319chef
by Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Quoting DACIA79:

I'm only shopping for my kids my grandma who raised me passed 3 years ago. My other family is in Philadelphia I don't see them often I will be cooking I don't have a plan yet Im pregnant with my 3rd child and due September 18th so I have to get use to him before I even decide our holiday plans.

I'm sorry about your grandmother. I completely understand. My grandparents were pretty much my parents. Both of them passed 3 years ago. Do you have any specific dishes you cook? I was hugely pregnant Christmas before last so I understand sweetie. I will be making a lot of the desserts and things ahead of time and freezing. (cookies, brownies, bread, caseroles..)
Evansmommy1130
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I love Christmas, I live in Florida and I wish sometimes it would snow here. I love decorating the house and tree, baking santa cookies, cooking a huge meal for our friends and family. My Ds is into Thomas the Train so he's getting a few new sets, new Christmas PJ's, and a tablet. For DH I am saving to get him a alienware computer. My husband is Jewish so we celebrate Hanukkah too. I love making latkas and fried donuts to celebrate.

p608319chef
by Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Quoting Evansmommy1130:

I love Christmas, I live in Florida and I wish sometimes it would snow here. I love decorating the house and tree, baking santa cookies, cooking a huge meal for our friends and family. My Ds is into Thomas the Train so he's getting a few new sets, new Christmas PJ's, and a tablet. For DH I am saving to get him a alienware computer. My husband is Jewish so we celebrate Hanukkah too. I love making latkas and fried donuts to celebrate.

I feel you on the snow. I live in SC. We normally just get lots of ice, which is no fun. Both of our families are huge so we end up having a huge meal at both houses and this is the first year we will be celebrating and cooking a meal at home. I am so ready!!! Is it one of the children's tablets or the real deal? You lost me at the alienware computer. It sounds a little more high tech than me. (again hanging head in shame) Do you children enjoy celebrating both holidays?
sharonsolo
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 8:50 PM
I'm about to start shopping in two Weeks. Our budget is tight this year so my list is small.
I will be using Walmart layaway.

At the end of the season last year I bought all new decorations 70% off. I'm really excited about my tree. I will be making a tree skirt for the first time. I found one on pinterest that I can't wait to try.
DACIA79
by Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Im into a traditional southern menu Mac and cheese, collards, candied yams , string beans, dressing are a must and a turkey, ham and a brisket, for desserts I will bake or make just about anything except for cookies have never been my thing. I make cheesecakes, Jewish Apple cake, Apple brown Betty ,cobbler , banana pudding etc.. If I'm in a really good mood I make candy. I make enough to freeze for leftovers for New Years.
rjmac88
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm digging through Pinterest for Christmas stuff as we speak
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN