Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What a good cheap craft to start? Or scrape crafts.

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:22 PM
  • 3 Replies
I like to sew by hand, scrapbook and make children's toys, but I am a single mom now and I need to control my spending. WHat would be a good cheap craft to start? Or types of scrap crafts
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Scrapbooking can be cheap - use magazines, newspaper, join swaps and clear your shelf groups. Think smash book.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
specialwingz
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I am a photographer and scrapbooker myself.  In the digital world, it's so nice not to have to pay for developing film!  And, scrapbooking can be made cheaper by never paying full price for anything.  I never do.  I always utilize the 40%-50% coupons for Hobby Lobby, Michaels and JoAnn's.  And, I ALWAYS comb over the clearance aisles!

I started keeping a spreadsheet 9 years ago.  Silly, I know.  But, I was curious and wanted to justify my hobby expenses to myself.

In the past 9 years, I have spent just under $1k on scrapbooking tools and supplies.  That's with coupons and clearance.  It is OVER $4k worth of goods, regular price!!  When I can look at my spreadsheet, I can feel VERY comfortable when I know that I have SAVED over 4 times more than what I have spent on my hobby.

PurpleHazey
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Quoting mybratsmom:

Scrapbooking can be cheap - use magazines, newspaper, join swaps and clear your shelf groups. Think smash book.

That's what I would say

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)