Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Which is better Netflix or Hulu+ for tv shows?

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:44 PM
  • 20 Replies

I currently am nearing the end of my free 1 month trial with Netflix and am not sure what I feel about it as a service.....what do you think is better for current tv shows?  I got rid of cable in August and I miss my shows, but not enough to pay close to $100 for service through Comcast.....does Hulu+ offer shows like Lizard Lick Towing, South Beach Tow, Dance Moms, The First 48.....I can't seem to find these on Netflix.....

mom 2 a Princess Diva..<3wearing crown

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dalbax2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:01 PM

I have Hulu and I don't recall seeing these shows listed.  I also have Netflix and actually use that more.

flprincessmom
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Do you think Hulu is worth the price? Does it offer a variety of tv shows or is it mainly movies like Netflix?

Quoting dalbax2:

I have Hulu and I don't recall seeing these shows listed.  I also have Netflix and actually use that more.

mom 2 a Princess Diva..<3wearing crown

anotherandree
by Inga on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:07 PM

We have Hulu+ but I'm not sure right off hand if those shows are on there or not.  We, personally, don't watch those!  We have both, tho.  We watch Hulu+ for the newer shows (That Girl, Revolution, yikes it's summer and I can't think of many more!) and Netflix for the older shows and movies (Psych, Sons of Anarchy, Burn Notice)

ballerina.2006
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:07 PM
The first 48- web only (can only watch via computer on Hulu)
Dance moms (same as ^)
South Beach Tow and Lizard Lick Towing are not on Hulu at all

We use Hulu for our "grown up" shows (biggest loser, new girl, grimm, etc) but the kids use Netflix more for kid friendly/age appropriate shows and movies. $16 for Netflix and Hulu a month vs the $200+ we were spending a few years ago. Best. Decision. Ever.
dalbax2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:11 PM

They offer some different things than what Netflix offers.  I think the price is okay.  I have both as I share the service w/ my 2 sons and their g/f's.  I just double checked on the shows you mentioned and 2 of them are web only.   I don't know how current they are.  Hulu actually offers more TV shows than movies.....more older type shows I think. 

ETA:  I would consider keeping Netflix plus get Hulu.  Less than 20/month and a larger variety of programs.

Quoting flprincessmom:

Do you think Hulu is worth the price? Does it offer a variety of tv shows or is it mainly movies like Netflix?

Quoting dalbax2:

PurpleHazey
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 5:21 AM

We like Netflix better

AEB_MRB
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:06 AM

Netflix it better for movies but Hulu is better for TV. If you can just do both for $16 as long as you already pay for internet.

batmansgirl
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I have both and rarely watch them..

kt674
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:07 AM

We tried Hulu but ended up getting rid of it because it didn't really have any shows we like to watch. Netflix is much better IMO. 

princess_1983
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Hulu is good for current tv shows. They upload a tv show the day after it airs on tv. Netflix is good for full past seasons of tv shows. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)