Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Any good sales or freebies at Walmart this week?

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:21 AM
  • 9 Replies

I've got 2 things I need to pick up and over an hour to kill....

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
matreshka
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:33 AM

School supplies were really discounted when I went yesterday. So was all the summer stuff.

AzariahsMother
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Have no clue
chicken13
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Oooohhhhh.  Good to know. 

Quoting matreshka:

School supplies were really discounted when I went yesterday. So was all the summer stuff.

lillucky8
by Jen on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Did u find anything good?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chicken13
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Haven't gone yet....it's after I drop dd at soccer.  1.5 hr practice and the parents are NOT welcome.  

Quoting lillucky8:

specialwingz
by Corey on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Umm, wow!  Not sure how I would feel about this.  I raised 4 kids, each having been involved in a sport.  And, a granddaughter who plays soccer.  I can't imagine parents NOT being allowed!!

Quoting chicken13:

Haven't gone yet....it's after I drop dd at soccer.  1.5 hr practice and the parents are NOT welcome.  

Quoting lillucky8:

chicken13
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Extremely common at a certain level (not age).  I've been banned from her piano lessons for years now.

children behave differently when the parent is there.  

Quoting specialwingz:

Umm, wow!  Not sure how I would feel about this.  I raised 4 kids, each having been involved in a sport.  And, a granddaughter who plays soccer.  I can't imagine parents NOT being allowed!!

Quoting chicken13:

Quoting lillucky8:

chicken13
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Btw....the back o school supplies weren't well priced...

specialwingz
by Corey on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Not common for us.  My oldest dd was in elite softball all through her school years.  Parent involvement was highly encouraged.

Now she and her dh are academy soccer coaches.  They are in a whole other state from where she grew up.  And, there are always parents involved.

I was never present for music lessons of any kind.  That's normal.  Nor, was I present during dance lessons for the most part.  Only when it came to recital costumes.  But, sports, even the elitists, always had parents present and involved.

Quoting chicken13:

Extremely common at a certain level (not age).  I've been banned from her piano lessons for years now.

children behave differently when the parent is there.  

Quoting specialwingz:

Quoting chicken13:

Quoting lillucky8:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)