Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Been prepping up meals for the freezer again

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:12 PM
  • 9 Replies
I been feeling so dang tired lately. Even if I get enough sleep. Another issue probably age related. Not for this group. But to make things easier at meal time. Since I did get to do some shopping this week. I been over the weekend prepping up meals or components of meals for in the freezer. I got 2 containers of beef roast and gravy, 1 container of mashed potatoes. A container with a pile of potato fritters. They kind of make me think of potato pancakes. But with kernel corn,scallions,shredded cheese egg and flour. Are fried like a potato pancake. I drained real well on paper town. Put plastic wrap between the layers. They heat well in the microwave. I can pull off as many of them I want for a meal. Then just did a big batch of mac and cheese. Put a bowl of it in the fridge for dinner tonight. Then 3 containers in the freezer. Mac and cheese will freeze ok. I just add a spoon or so milk when I reheat it. Then I'll see how much of the pork picnic roast is left after dinner. I got it on a slow roast in the oven. I'll pack it up plain. Then will decide each meal how I'll serve it. With gravy, bbq or who knows. Maybe even as pork taco's. It sure feels good to have some food in the house again. Just annoyed. I forgot to buy something baking wise. I was going to make some sort of special dessert this week. Well my birthday is Tuesday, our anniversary is Friday, dh's birthday is Saturday. All I got besides flour and sugar is a cherry or some kind of red flavored cake mix. Then a bag of frozen black berries and a bag of frozen peaches.
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
caseyloo
by Casey on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:43 PM
I love the feeling of my freezer being full.
chicken13
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:51 AM

Good for you.  It's a great way to save some time.

ive been trying to run down our freezer...I've got to get it half empty for a 1/4 cow.

mjgm1966
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:54 AM

I've also been getting food prepared and put up in the freezer.  I'll take any short cut I can. :)

pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:16 AM

I been trying to prep meals for the week. Over the weekend. Whether they be in the freezer or fridge.  They are basically ready to cook.  Today I am making a pot of clam chowder. I cut my celery and onion, peeled and diced my potatoes and put in water. When I get home from work today. I just got to assemble the soup. Then let it do a slow simmer till the potatoes and veggies cook. Will add my heavy cream at the end.   Got to pull some eggplant parmesean out of the freezer today. I'm thinking we will eat it on Wednesday. It might take 2 days to thaw.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:23 AM

that's great you can get stuff all ready to go for when you need it

PurpleHazey
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting caseyloo:

I love the feeling of my freezer being full.

Me too

PurpleHazey
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:18 PM

My freezer is always full.

specialwingz
by Corey on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Seeing how I am used to feeding an army, with the kids growing up, I STILL tend to cook for an army, even though it's not necessary.

My DH laughs.  But, we are of the mindset that it just goes into the freezer for quicker meals later.  LOL.

karla41164
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 7:47 AM

I also have been cooking and freezing meals I just Love my Food Saver!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN