Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

8 Fall Decorating Ideas That Will Make You Feel Cozy

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:27 AM
  • 10 Replies

8 Fall Decorating Ideas That Will Make You Feel Cozy

by Adriana Velez

mums hens chicksFall is steadily encroaching on us, have you noticed? The mornings are darker and chillier. I have this weird craving for pumpkin lattes and flannel shirts. Oh yeah, and I noticed on the calendar the other day that we're over halfway through September already. Time to Fall-ify your home! 

Here are some of the loveliest fall decorating ideas we could find. They're relatively simple, not too pricey (maybe even free), and they're about creating a mood, not cluttering up your home with more useless junk. 

Minimalist Fall Flower Decoration

Arrange a few hens and chicks and mum blossoms for a quick, sophisticated fall table decoration.

Minimalist Fall Flower Decoration

Mini-Pumpkin Wreath

This wreath is beautiful, but a bit pricey. Those of you who are crafty could probably make your own version. Here's some directions for a mini-pumpkin wreath.

Mini-Pumpkin Wreath

Faux Fur Throw

I feel like I see a faux fur throw in every single fall catalog that lands in my mailbox -- and I pretty much want them all! They're not all expensive.

Faux Fur Throw

Owl Mugs

Some hot spiced cider in owl mugs? Daww! I feel all warm inside.

Owl Mugs

Cable Knit Sweater Pillow

Here's something simple you can literally toss onto the sofa for extra coziness -- a cable knit sweater pillow.

Cable Knit Sweater Pillow

Felt Leaf Wreath

I love this colorful fall felt wreath.

Felt Leaf Wreath

Bowl of Apples

A bowl full of apples is the epitome of early autumn -- and you can eat this decor, too!

Bowl of Apples

White Pumpkins

If you're not quite ready for orange, white pumpkins still say fall but with a little more elegance. They look especially cool next to a silver candlestick holder and pine cones.

White Pumpkins

Do you decorate for fall?

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Nice ideas!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I do a little decorating for fall.  I have a wreath on my front door, an arrangement of artificial sumac berries/maple leaves/mums that I put in a stoneware pitcher, and several autumn themed shelf decorations.  I have also stitched these two wall hangings that I need to frame and hang yet:

matreshka
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:43 AM
great ideas!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karla41164
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:57 AM

now those are some great ideas And when I go to Sams Club next week the throw I will be buying!!

Thank You for thr great ideas!

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Great ideas! I love the apples one, so simple. We go through apples fast in my home, not sure I could keep the bowl full for long!
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Mobile Photo

Dd and I did this yesterday. My dad sent the box, its cardboard and supposed to be a haunted house that makes noises when you open it but I think the batteries ran out (fine by me!). So dd and I went to the dollar store for a few things and decorated the inside. I love it!
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:57 AM

so cute!

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Mobile Photo

Dd and I did this yesterday. My dad sent the box, its cardboard and supposed to be a haunted house that makes noises when you open it but I think the batteries ran out (fine by me!). So dd and I went to the dollar store for a few things and decorated the inside. I love it!

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Thanks! Cost me $6 :)

Quoting aneela:

so cute!

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Mobile Photo

PurpleHazey
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM

These are great thanks for the pictures.

specialwingz
by Corey on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Absolutely LOVE that first one!  I do decorate a bit for fall.  I have some pretty fall colored leaf garlands that I use to decorate the mantle over the fireplace.  I used to have a cute scarecrow that hung on the front door.  But, Texas really doesn't have fall weather. So, the heat left him a little worse for the wear.  So, I need to come up with something new.  I'm thinking a pretty wreath after seeing the post earlier with that pretty wreath in it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)