Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

8 Fall Decorating Ideas That Will Make You Feel Cozy

Cafe Steph
Yesterday at 9:01 PM
Lets Watch The Walking Dead Episode 2 Together! - CafeMom

The second episode of The Walking Dead airs Sunday, October 19th! Meet us here at 9pm EST as we watch and discuss the show

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:27 AM
  • 10 Replies

8 Fall Decorating Ideas That Will Make You Feel Cozy

by Adriana Velez

mums hens chicksFall is steadily encroaching on us, have you noticed? The mornings are darker and chillier. I have this weird craving for pumpkin lattes and flannel shirts. Oh yeah, and I noticed on the calendar the other day that we're over halfway through September already. Time to Fall-ify your home! 

Here are some of the loveliest fall decorating ideas we could find. They're relatively simple, not too pricey (maybe even free), and they're about creating a mood, not cluttering up your home with more useless junk. 

Minimalist Fall Flower Decoration

Arrange a few hens and chicks and mum blossoms for a quick, sophisticated fall table decoration.

Minimalist Fall Flower Decoration

Mini-Pumpkin Wreath

This wreath is beautiful, but a bit pricey. Those of you who are crafty could probably make your own version. Here's some directions for a mini-pumpkin wreath.

Mini-Pumpkin Wreath

Faux Fur Throw

I feel like I see a faux fur throw in every single fall catalog that lands in my mailbox -- and I pretty much want them all! They're not all expensive.

Faux Fur Throw

Owl Mugs

Some hot spiced cider in owl mugs? Daww! I feel all warm inside.

Owl Mugs

Cable Knit Sweater Pillow

Here's something simple you can literally toss onto the sofa for extra coziness -- a cable knit sweater pillow.

Cable Knit Sweater Pillow

Felt Leaf Wreath

I love this colorful fall felt wreath.

Felt Leaf Wreath

Bowl of Apples

A bowl full of apples is the epitome of early autumn -- and you can eat this decor, too!

Bowl of Apples

White Pumpkins

If you're not quite ready for orange, white pumpkins still say fall but with a little more elegance. They look especially cool next to a silver candlestick holder and pine cones.

White Pumpkins

Do you decorate for fall?

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Nice ideas!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I do a little decorating for fall.  I have a wreath on my front door, an arrangement of artificial sumac berries/maple leaves/mums that I put in a stoneware pitcher, and several autumn themed shelf decorations.  I have also stitched these two wall hangings that I need to frame and hang yet:

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:43 AM
great ideas!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karla41164
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:57 AM

now those are some great ideas And when I go to Sams Club next week the throw I will be buying!!

Thank You for thr great ideas!

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Great ideas! I love the apples one, so simple. We go through apples fast in my home, not sure I could keep the bowl full for long!
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Mobile Photo

Dd and I did this yesterday. My dad sent the box, its cardboard and supposed to be a haunted house that makes noises when you open it but I think the batteries ran out (fine by me!). So dd and I went to the dollar store for a few things and decorated the inside. I love it!
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:57 AM

so cute!

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Mobile Photo

Dd and I did this yesterday. My dad sent the box, its cardboard and supposed to be a haunted house that makes noises when you open it but I think the batteries ran out (fine by me!). So dd and I went to the dollar store for a few things and decorated the inside. I love it!

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Thanks! Cost me $6 :)

Quoting aneela:

so cute!

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Mobile Photo

PurpleHazey
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM

These are great thanks for the pictures.

specialwingz
by Corey on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Absolutely LOVE that first one!  I do decorate a bit for fall.  I have some pretty fall colored leaf garlands that I use to decorate the mantle over the fireplace.  I used to have a cute scarecrow that hung on the front door.  But, Texas really doesn't have fall weather. So, the heat left him a little worse for the wear.  So, I need to come up with something new.  I'm thinking a pretty wreath after seeing the post earlier with that pretty wreath in it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)