Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Frugal Weekend

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:33 PM
  • 11 Replies

Did you have one? if yes how so?

Tell us all about your savings this weekend. 

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
specialwingz
by Corey on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes and no.

We spent $400 on a my new camera.  I was looking at professional cameras between $1k - $1.5k.  But, DH was researching cameras for me and came across a brand new one that wasn't even on the shelves yet.  So, we went to Best Buy and talked to the manager who special ordered it for us.  OMG!  We spent 1/3 the money and it's an awesome camera.  Will make a post about it later.  =)

choaspartyof4
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:57 PM
We had a very frugal weekend. On Sat my son had a soccer game and I went to party city to get stuff for treat bags to hand out at the last game. I ended up finding mini trophies (my husband is the coach) and all kinds of little goodies and candy for cheap. On Sunday we rented red box movies and relaxed all day.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought a set of Paula Deen cookware (pots & pans & lids) that is normally priced over $100 for only $40

......and I ordered a memory foam mattress topper (3" solid memory foam) and a mattress pad for deep pocket mattresses from Overstock.com....they were already discounted and I got an extra 12% off this weekend!

matreshka
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:59 PM
sort of. we all got sick on vacation so we had to come home a day earlier. that saved us money lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:50 PM

$400 sounds like a great deal considering what you were looking at.  Can't wait to see some amazing pictures in this taken by you.

Quoting specialwingz:

Yes and no.

We spent $400 on a my new camera.  I was looking at professional cameras between $1k - $1.5k.  But, DH was researching cameras for me and came across a brand new one that wasn't even on the shelves yet.  So, we went to Best Buy and talked to the manager who special ordered it for us.  OMG!  We spent 1/3 the money and it's an awesome camera.  Will make a post about it later.  =)

AzariahsMother
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:51 PM

We did pretty good this weekend.  Spent $20 bucks to buy some wine for girls night and spent gas going and coming home, but other then that no cash spent.

BostonMomma08
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:57 PM
We did not. We had a big end of summer bash and spent a lot of food and booze...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AEB_MRB
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Very much so, bought so much last weekend on groceries that i didn't have to go this week. " Tomarrow i'll need a couple of loaves of bread and 2 gallons of milk but thats it.

dalbax2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Yes....my usual "cheap" weekend.  2.75 spent all weekend to do my laundry.

dalbax2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this

You did get a good deal.  I just bought a set a couple of months ago and I spent about 140.  I really like them tho.

Quoting michiganmom116:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought a set of Paula Deen cookware (pots & pans & lids) that is normally priced over $100 for only $40

......and I ordered a memory foam mattress topper (3" solid memory foam) and a mattress pad for deep pocket mattresses from Overstock.com....they were already discounted and I got an extra 12% off this weekend!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)