Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Easy Glittered & Drilled Pumpkins -- No Ordinary Pumpkins This Halloween!

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:59 AM
  • 6 Replies

Easy Glittered & Drilled Pumpkins -- No Ordinary Pumpkins This Halloween! (VIDEO)

by Kat Bouska

With Halloween quickly approaching you will find your Pinterest stream filled with fun pumpkin tutorials.

From pumpkin faces and centerpieces to jack-o'-lantern carving and decorative painting, nothing is left untouched on Pinterest.

Today I broke out my power tools and glitter to find out if glittered pumpkins and drilled pumpkins are as easy to execute as they look on Pinterest.

Watch this video to find out if my glittered pumpkins and drilled pumpkin are a Pinterest win or a Pinterest fail!:

Be sure to subscribe to CafeMom Studios on YouTube for more Pinterest-inspired projects from me and don't forget to follow along on Pinterest for more great crafty inspiration!

Are glittered pumpkins or drilled pumpkins something you would attempt this year?

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:02 AM

YAY oh how we love the glitter lol...i dont think im doing too much decorating this year but i dig it

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I love glitter but I wish it wasnt so messy.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Oh, wow, I LOVE those!  I think DD and I just may try it!

Marz31
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:36 PM

that's really CUTE! DD's birthday is the 16th so last year we did a craft party at Michaels and used mod podge to attach little squares of tissue paper to foam pumpkins, they're REALLLLLY cute too, you could do that with a real pumpkin, a bit less messy than the glitter! might even find glittery tissue  OR put a little on under the mod podge that dries clear

specialwingz
by Corey on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:45 PM

You can mix the gltter in the Mod Podge and paint it on.  Also, did you know you can make your own "mod podge" by mixing white glue and water?  WAY cheaper!

Quoting Marz31:

that's really CUTE! DD's birthday is the 16th so last year we did a craft party at Michaels and used mod podge to attach little squares of tissue paper to foam pumpkins, they're REALLLLLY cute too, you could do that with a real pumpkin, a bit less messy than the glitter! might even find glittery tissue  OR put a little on under the mod podge that dries clear

PurpleHazey
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Wow this is a great Idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)