Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Is money tight for your family?

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:12 AM
  • 8 Replies

So, r things tight money wise for other people or is it just me and my family and wise?

Is my family the only one that feels like they are on a financial sinking ship? 

I feel like I'm constantly wondering where my rents going to come from, how my electric bills gonna get or most importantly how am I going to feed my family. 

by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:13 AM
No but this shut down shit has thrown me for a loop.
coupon_ash_back
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:14 AM
With so many in this country, you are def. not alone.
AMCMSM
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Fortunately we are doing well... We live frugally though cause you never know.

BostonMomma08
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:30 AM
This. Until the last few months money was incredibly tight and life was very stressful. We have finally come out of the hole and are comfortable, but if the shutdown lasts then that could definitely throw a wrench into it...

Quoting thefiregoddess:

No but this shut down shit has thrown me for a loop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Earlier this week I said that I felt money wasn't so tight for us....but we got hit HARD last night.  Now we're down to our last $100 in savings and one more event like last night will be a death blow to our financial health....and our luck has been really bad this year.

Debmomto2girls
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Thankfully, my dh and I make a very good living. It will be even better once we pay our debt off.  It gets me mad thinking how I let our debt get out of control and the money I am now wasting paying it back. it sickens me. But, I can only move forward.

Moki75
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Money shouldn't be tight for us.  We spent about 4 years needing food stamps etc and having to depend on free clothing closets for things for our children.  We are in a better position but now since we have been so poor we are in teh mind frame sadly of needing to make up for those years.  So we go out to eat too much.  I spend extra on food that I shouldn't.  We go to movies etc.  We are able to save some but not nearly enough to cover us if my husband were to lose his job etc. 

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Thankfully we are okay. But I've been poor and I remember very well what it's like! Hugs to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)