Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Do You Curse?

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 6:56 PM
  • 21 Replies

Just curious, but do you curse?  Do you allow your children to curse?

In my experience, I have found that frugal people tend not to curse....

by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowrsgalore
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

yes I do. Not proud of it, but it's part of how I talk. I don't have to worry about f bombs, but I've heard my daughter say "damn it" & it was a huge eye opener. No, I don't want my daughter to curse, so I guess I better try harder to not do it in front of her.

GrandmaSherry
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I try not to use foul language but I have to admit I have a few times...and sometimes in front of my children.  To the best of my knowledge, I have gone back and apologized to them for it afterwards.  It gave me a good opportunity to tell them that this type of language is not the sign of a mature person....but if you slip up and use an ugly word, the appropriate things to do is say you're sorry and move on. 

I have a friend who has a money jar for her kids.  They put part of their allowance in the jar every time they use a bad word.  She said their words have cleared up quickly!  LOL

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't curse in the Biblical sense of using the Lord's name in vain, but we do use vulgar language at times.  My kids (teens and adults) do the same when they think Mom's not listening.  I get on them for it when they do it excessively.

I do not see a link between cursing and frugality.  I know people that curse that are frugal....I know people that don't curse that spend willy-nilly.

GrandmaSherry
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Quoting michiganmom116:

We don't curse in the Biblical sense of using the Lord's name in vain, but we do use vulgar language at times.  My kids (teens and adults) do the same when they think Mom's not listening.  I get on them for it when they do it excessively.

I do not see a link between cursing and frugality.  I know people that curse that are frugal....I know people that don't curse that spend willy-nilly.

LOL....I guess that frugal people don't curse statement was tongue in cheek! My friend says frugal people don't curse...because her kids have to pay for it if they do!

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:51 PM
I try not to in front of the kids but it does slip out once and a while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina.2006
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Bad habit of mine. My kids aren't suppose to repeat but sometimes they do :( I'm trying to break the habit.
Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I do curse but I didn't when the kids were little. I didn't let them curse when they were little either. Now that they are adults I don't have any issues with it.

2Gs
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Yeah...really bad.

JenniferW67
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I try not to, but there are times it REALLY does just slip out. Our kids are grown, married and have families of their own. They are more comfortable than I'd like using foul language.

PurpleHazey
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 5:43 AM

Yes, I think everyone does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN