Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Saving money

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:34 AM
  • 4 Replies

I've been searching for good products at decent prices for everything. We used to use Tide, but with a family of 6 and laundry at the mat twice a week,weare waisting so much money. I started to add up how much we spend monthly just for laundry. We usually go to Sam's Club and get that big bottle, 88 loads, 170 ozs, for $20. I found an online store, that uses natural ingredients in all their products. Since you find them in local stores the prices are cheaper. The products are concentrated also so you send less and you use less. I am now getting Laundry Detergent, 96 loads, 48 ozs for $17.50.

I'm so excited i found this company, not only am i saving money, but i've gotten rid of all the harmful chemicals that are sold in name brand products  out of my house and replaced them with natural products that won't harm my children if they accidentally get into it.

Has anyone else been looking for ways to save money and go green?

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:36 AM
I installed a rain water catchment system. That's all I can think of
matreshka
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Cool! What do you use the rain water for?

Quoting thefiregoddess:

thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Mostly the garden. I ended up with over 600 plants.. we needed it! We also use it as grey water for one of the toilets in the house. I installed it myself so it's not much but it's a starter. Chat about 60$ and I can hold about 400 gallons.

Quoting matreshka:

Cool! What do you use the rain water for?

Quoting thefiregoddess:

specialwingz
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I would love to catch rainwater.  If it would only freakin' RAIN!!!!!  I swear!  There are states that are washing away with all the rain.  But, here in TX, we're just drying up and blowin' away with the wind.

Tumbleweed gif

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)