Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moldy Cheese Day When : Always October 9th

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:12 AM
  • 1 Replies

Moldy Cheese Day

When : Always October 9th

Moldy Cheese Day is today. Do you have any moldy cheese in your refrigerator? Do you need to have moldy cheese to celebrate this day? And, if you have any moldy cheese, what would you do with it today?

Every once in a while, we come across a special day that has no apparent rhyme or reason. Today is one of those days. But, that doesn't mean you shouldn't celebrate this wonderful(?) and special holiday. Au contrare....... scour through the refrigerators at home and work today for moldy cheese. Office refrigerators are a great place to find moldy stuff. See if that moldy piece of cheese is salvageable. And, just enjoy the day.

If you find moldy cheese, take a slice off each side. The insides should still be good.

Did you Know? Mold is common in cheese. Its part of what gives a particular cheese flavor and character. For example, the blue stuff in Blu Cheese is mold.  

Origin of Moldy Cheese Day:

Our research did not find the creator, or the origin of this day.

We found a stray reference or two suggesting this is a "National" day. We can't believe that the "Big Cheeses" in Washington would declare a national day for moldy cheese. Have you ever known our elected officials to waste time debating worthless topics?

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
specialwingz
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:55 AM

My grandparents always just pared the mold off of the block of cheese and threw it away.  Said the rest of the cheese was perfectly fine.  It must have been.  I didn't die from eating all through my childhood.  LOL.  But, I don't practice that habit myself as an adult.  LOL. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)