Amy PoehlerEveryone's favorite TV awards show cohost Amy Poehler has a new movie coming out called Free Birds, and to that end, the funny lady sat down to discuss some of her adventures in mommyhood. Ohhhh, it's crazy, people. What would you expect of Amy Poehler?! I asked her what her biggest "mom fail" was, 'cause I know you'd all love that, and I also asked her about her boys' "grandpa" names, Archie and Abel. 'Cause they are like totally grandpa names, what is up with that?! She couldn't have been nicer and sweeter, and you won't believe her mom fail story, it's hysterical. Someone needs to save those kids! Haha. Joke. She's a great mom. But errr, I hope she doesn't do this again.

Asked to give an example of a "mom fail," Amy at first fudged and hemmed a bit, saying:

Sometimes, I forget where I'm driving them to. That happens, right? I don't crash the car, but I do just stop in the middle of the road and go, where are we going? That happens a lot ... How are we in this car, and who am I dropping off and where are we going? I'm trying to think of other stuff. It's just a lot of forgetful stuff that every mother has to deal with.

But then Amy suddenly remembers that one time ... the big mom fail ... the one that keeps you up at night, wailing, "I suck at being a mooommmm!!!" She says:

I think I've sent my older guy to school with like an empty lunchbox. That's a good one, right? He opened it up, and it was empty. Maybe it was the best thing that ever happened to him.

Hahah. Awesome mom fail, Amy! Can't believe she admitted that. But hey, who would think Amy Poehler would pack her kids' lunches anyway? Shouldn't her assistant be doing that? Actually, maybe the assistant should. Haha. Seriously, Amy, Gwyneth Paltrow would never send her kids to school hungry -- unless they weren't allowed carbs that day.

And now for her kids' NAMES. Archie and Abel. Talk about grandpa names. How'd they come about? Amy explains:

I just loved the name Archie for a long time. It just was a name I really liked. It's not a family name. And then, when the little, the second guy, little guy came by, Abel, we just liked the idea of a double A name. I refer to my boys as my double A batteries. And they certainly are. They keep me going and wear me out. But, we wanted to give him alphabetical superiority over his older brother. 

Well, that was nice of her!

There's really nothing you can say about Amy Poehler that isn't gushing, she's just a superduper cool kinda chick and mom. And it takes guts to name your kid Archie!

Do you love Amy Poehler? Do you have a mom fail to rival hers?