Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Frustrated with Couponing

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:27 PM
  • 42 Replies
I get my papers from the dollar tree for a dollar each. Thats half of what it costs at the store. But I've noticed for a couple months now that more times than not, if I dont get there early enough, the papers are gone. Today I tried to go and they were wiped out again and this time I over heard the employees saying they have a couple women who are waiting at the door for them to open on Sunday mornings and they buy 15-20 papers a piece. I can't get there that early so I won't be able to buy papers from there. I can't have it delivered because of the way my apartments are set up and we dont have a printer. I can't help but feel like my couponing days are over :(
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Also, if these women have no problem wiping the store of papers, makes me wonder how well I'd even do at couponing anymore cause they'll probably wipe the stores out of the deals too.
NocturnesAngel
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

If you can send me or post a list of the coupons that you use I have a lot of coupons that I send out monthly to various agencies & the military because I don't use them, if I have the coupons that you use in my giveaway stash I would gladly send them to you.

lillucky8
by Jen on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:48 PM
I didnt know dollartree sold papers. We get ours delivered bc its a discount off the store price. Sorry ur not having luck :/ i know our paper sells the leftovers on wednesdays for $1 each in bundles, maybe yours does also
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Oh darn I'm sorry. 

Can you have it delivered to a friends house?

angeles000223
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Here is a TIP: Since I am in need of saving for my son's transplant, medical tests/expenses, I went out to the neighbors and asked them if they used them. Almost all of them told me NO, so I asked them if I could get them from their front yard. We caught a cashier at one of our super  markets keeping a whole bunch for herself and we complained to the manager, he put it back and she got in trouble. You can ask the ladies from the stores not to sell all of them or complain maybe they can hold some for you.

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Thats so sweet of you!! I'd definitely take you up on any huggies coupons. I use too many for you to send out! Thank you!!

Quoting NocturnesAngel:

If you can send me or post a list of the coupons that you use I have a lot of coupons that I send out monthly to various agencies & the military because I don't use them, if I have the coupons that you use in my giveaway stash I would gladly send them to you.

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:04 PM
I have asked the stores and they are not allowed to sell them for a discount without the newspapers permission :-/

Quoting lillucky8:

I didnt know dollartree sold papers. We get ours delivered bc its a discount off the store price. Sorry ur not having luck :/ i know our paper sells the leftovers on wednesdays for $1 each in bundles, maybe yours does also

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:05 PM
I'm thinking about it. But I dont see my friends as often as I'd like so I'm not sure how it'd work out.

Quoting chrissysnow22:

Oh darn I'm sorry. 

Can you have it delivered to a friends house?

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Great idea!! None of the neighbors in my apt complex get the paper though.

Quoting angeles000223:

Here is a TIP: Since I am in need of saving for my son's transplant, medical tests/expenses, I went out to the neighbors and asked them if they used them. Almost all of them told me NO, so I asked them if I could get them from their front yard. We caught a cashier at one of our super  markets keeping a whole bunch for herself and we complained to the manager, he put it back and she got in trouble. You can ask the ladies from the stores not to sell all of them or complain maybe they can hold some for you.

AMCMSM
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Have you called the store? Lots of stores have policy's to prevent people from clearing the shelf like that...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)