Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

christmas bonus

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:53 PM
  • 37 Replies
1 mom liked this
Dh got his bonus today. Woohoo.
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Dec. 13, 2013 at 6:14 AM

nice!

My DH hasn't ever gotten a Christmas bonus.  It would be nice to get one!

Bubandrorysmom
by Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Awesome ! My hubby gets his today!! we have been looking forward to it for a while now :)

PurpleHazey
by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Lucky you!

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:20 AM
My hubby used to get one, it was so nice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
princess_1983
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 10:14 AM

A couple years ago my husband got a Christmas bonus. Hope he gets one this year.

LLisaA
by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 10:53 AM

My husband's work got away with not doing bonuses last year so I really doubt they'll do it this year.  The stupid thing is that he works for a multi-million dollar tech company in a big city and the Christmas bonuses were $50 gift cards to random places, so to not even do that is just ridiculous.  

But then, the company also didn't meet sales goals and opted not to pay out the BIG bonus in the spring that everyone counts on, not even a small percent of them.  My husband worked his butt off because his bonus was supposed to be $10,000 - he more than pulled his weight and all his bosses give him lip service and tell him how much he has done for the company, but when it came down to the actual cash bonus they did NOTHING instead of the promised $10,000.  I would have understood doing $1000 instead, $100, anything - just a token, not take away the lousy $50 Christmas gift card AND the big spring bonus and not try to make it up in any way.  And when he quits in 6 months they're going to be screwed, but do you think they'll even make the connection that maybe they could have kept him if they treated him better (knowing that other companies are trying to lure him away with really great offers?)  Nope, they'll cry and the entire arm of the company that my husband handles will fall to heck because he can't even go on a week long vacation without someone calling multiple times to help with something or another because my husband is apparently the only person who can problem solve.

/rant over.

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Dec. 13, 2013 at 10:57 AM
The new boss at my dh job did away with them.
tapies2324
by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Dh is self employed so no bonus for him. I work for a miserly asshole...so no. The first year I got a fifty dollar bonus on my check. The next year we got hardees coupons....yep freakin coupons to a crappy fast food joint. We ain't got shit since. Owners rolling in dough. He cut our staff by half this year. I work in a nursing home....guess who really suffers because of this crap ...my patients.
specialwingz
by Corey on Dec. 13, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Sadly, Christmas bonuses are a thng of the past for a lot of companies.  So, glad you guys received one this year!  =)

Mommy4-27-08
by Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Awesome!!! Christmas bonus's are always really nice. My df just got a 5k bonus so I'm not sure we will get one this yeat, but it would be awesome if we did. If not, I'm still perfectly happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)