Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

What They Asked Santa For

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 5:26 PM
  • 35 Replies
Since I start shopping so early I usually have just what dd asks santa for to pick up. This was the first year she couldn't be coaxed into asking for something LOL. Usually Id mention how cool a dollhouse or an art easel would be and thats what she asks for. This year I had to wait for her to see Santa and find out. How do you handle it when they're under 3? Do you pick what they ask santa for or let them ask and then go find it? If santa is a part of your celebration, that is.
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by Jen on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Dd is three and hasnt asked for anything, ds is 17 mos and hasnt asked either, so i just get what i think they will like. I guess in future years ill still get what i think they will like but ill make sure to set a bit of money aside for december shopping when they make their lists. I find the best clothes deals in the summer, and awesome clearance on toys right after cmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:57 PM
I did picked gifts for dd until when she turned 4. She knows what she wants to ask Santa. I think now she's 7 y/o, she's starting to see the truth but I will not say anything until she ask the truth.
tiniowien
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:59 PM

My dd finally told Santa what she wanted after 4 years of not wanting to be within feet of him lol ... She wanted Barbie and hello kitty.. Easy enough 

Mommy4-27-08
by Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 9:21 PM
My kids tell Santa, but this year my daughter changes her mind like every day. It's so confusing!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:38 PM
That's what I had to do this year, set some money aside. I have done the Christmas in July clearance sale at Target for 3 years now. But I knew this year b she'd actually want/be able to ask for something.

Quoting lillucky8: Dd is three and hasnt asked for anything, ds is 17 mos and hasnt asked either, so i just get what i think they will like. I guess in future years ill still get what i think they will like but ill make sure to set a bit of money aside for december shopping when they make their lists. I find the best clothes deals in the summer, and awesome clearance on toys right after cmas.
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:44 PM
I really dread that conversation. Dd really and truly believes.

Quoting BeachLifeMama: I did picked gifts for dd until when she turned 4. She knows what she wants to ask Santa. I think now she's 7 y/o, she's starting to see the truth but I will not say anything until she ask the truth.
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:45 PM
That is easy. Hello Kitty is everywhere!!

Quoting tiniowien:

My dd finally told Santa what she wanted after 4 years of not wanting to be within feet of him lol ... She wanted Barbie and hello kitty.. Easy enough 

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:47 PM
My dd had been changing her mind every day so I was really curious about what she would ask for. She wants to go back and see him tomorrow cause she forgot to tell him she wants a butterfly barbie lol. I can handle a barbie and the fedora she originally asked for. My friends daughter asked santa for a real unicorn LOL

Quoting Mommy4-27-08: My kids tell Santa, but this year my daughter changes her mind like every day. It's so confusing!!!
dap1983
by Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM

We picked up things we thought she would like. Luckily she asked Santa for a "big train track & a baby sister" We had already picked up an 80 piece wooden train track for her. She is easy to "talk" out of things. We told her Santa can't bring her a baby sister but he could bring her a "bike" (we already had a big wheel for her.)

I'm not sure what we will do next year she will be 5 so it might not be so easy.

BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM
I hear ya.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy: I really dread that conversation. Dd really and truly believes.

Quoting BeachLifeMama: I did picked gifts for dd until when she turned 4. She knows what she wants to ask Santa. I think now she's 7 y/o, she's starting to see the truth but I will not say anything until she ask the truth.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)