Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Leftover candycanes....

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:02 PM
  • 16 Replies
2 moms liked this

....taste great melted in hot tea.  This might be the greatest discovery since peanut butter and chocolate.

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Mmm, that sounds good. My coworker put leftover Hershey's kisses peppermint on her coffee.
12yrmama
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Also good in coffee!

And I put mine (unwrapped) in a ziploc and crush them for putting on chocolate cookies, brownies, etc.

dalbax2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Hot cocoa too.
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 3:15 AM

dessert for the kids since they love candy canes.  Freeze them.  Use them in baking.

meggy88
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 3:25 AM
My mom makes homemade vanilla ice cream with candy canes mixed in. So delicious!
taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 3:54 AM

I love doing that, but I like them in cocoa or coffee even more.  A few days ago, instead of putting sugar into homemade cocoa, I dropped pieces of a chocolate mint candy cane into each mug.  Yum!

RosePetalTears
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:57 AM

http://www.savvysugar.com/Homemade-Candy-Cane-Body-Scrub-20784872

I'm using some of mine for this body scrub.   I was thinking it might even last till next yr and can be used as gifts.....I have pint jars and some cute christmas fabric i can add to the top of it.

I am just going to crush my candy canes in the food processor and use some for the scrub and make some homemade cocoa mix and add some to that. Not sure what else

KenzieQsMommy
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Cool! I have a few left
XOXOnBubbles
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Love them in hot cocoa, or crushed up and mixed in rice crispy treats or brownies.  :-)  

MommytoangelE07
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Thanks for the idea! I have a ton leftover and have been sneaking a bunch of them into Dh's lunches to get rid of them haha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)