Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you go for broke.

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:47 PM
  • 18 Replies

I did my budget and I have enough for everything down to the last dollar. Which is about normal since I am on ssi. I only get $740 a month. but,I made $250 from bubblews.com and will cash out jan 01,14. the problem is I owe $400 on my credit card and already cut it up. I want to just put the entire $250 on my card. but,I planned from nov 13th my last cashout to cahsout in Jan to do a big shopping at walmart. now,I am thinking if I do the credit card I will be dead for the entire month.

If I got to walmart I will have lots of food and all my needs.I would be easy to choose the credit card if i were home lone. but,my daughter is here now.

confused I hope not.

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Are you getting FS? 

I'd put some towards the card but I'd make sure things like food were bought first.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Pay off at least half the credit card.

OBImomma
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:28 PM
I'd pay off part of the credit card and save some for food and other needs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with OBImomma.

Quoting OBImomma: I'd pay off part of the credit card and save some for food and other needs
BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:11 PM
We're broke right now after the rent and just bought grocery today and made sure SO and I have enough cash for gas. Hate living paycheck to paycheck.
thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this
You need to get food stamps.

Keep the credit card line open but don't replace the card. Closing the account will hurt your credit.

Put half of it on the card, the rest save for what you need.

I lived on.ssi once, with a baby back when it was about 500$ a month. I feel you, I really do. I'm still paying off debt from back then.
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:25 AM

I would pay part of the credit card and use some on food. try to price match and get the most for your money. 

bumNmoos_mom
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:28 AM
That so sucks!!
caseyloo
by Casey on Dec. 31, 2013 at 3:39 AM

I would split it between the cc and the shopping.  You will feel less stress once there is food and necessary items in your house.

RosePetalTears
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM

pay a little towards the card...at least the minimum, but more if you can. Use everything but $30 towards food and keep the $30 tucked away so you have a little bit of cash if you need it for something else like some cold meds or milk or whatever

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)