Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Anybody have a bread recipe?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:40 AM
  • 3 Replies

I got a bread machine a while ago and have used it to make pizza dough. I made bread and baked it in the machine but I did not like the way it came out. It was shaped like a square and wasn't flat on the bottom (for lack of a better term the mixing piece is still in when it bakes.) I need a good recipe that will make the dough for homemade bread that I can then bake in the oven. It doesn't need to be baked in a loaf pan. Just good home made bread and rolls.

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 1:24 AM

all pretty standard recipes of flour, sugar, milk, eggs, baking powder, baking soda, a pinch of salt and yeast.  Check out recipe.com for additional ones.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 1, 2014 at 7:19 AM

check out this group....you can use your bread machine to make the dough, then form the loaf/buns/rolls and bake them yourself instead of in the machine.

Stacie03
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 2:11 PM

This is the recipe I use most often.  I made it into rolls for Christmas dinners and had several people ask for the recipe.  I usually use all-purpose flour as I don't always keep bread flour on hand.  The dough also freezes great! 

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/amish-white-bread/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN