Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

crowdtap?

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:42 PM
  • 12 Replies
Has anyone ever used their site?

I have been messing around on it a little hoping to get some free stuff. Haven't got any samples yet though. Did win a $5 amazon gift card today though. So it has been worth my time so far. I just wanted to hear other's opinions on it.
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:39 PM
No, never heard of it.
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:48 PM
Never seen it
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jan. 7, 2014 at 7:03 PM

do you earn points and cash out or how does it work?

chicken13
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:29 AM

I've been using it for a couple months.  I've earned (or won I guess) a couple of $5 amazon cards and received a few samples.

i like the quick hits and the text challenges.  They're super easy to do while waiting somewhere.

princess_1983
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:19 AM

How does it work?

dannix7x
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:32 AM
I've been doing it for about a month, yesterday I also won a $5 amazon gift card, and I was invited to a Cottonell thing. So far it has been worth it, and really simple compared to swag bucks. At least for me :-)
eevers55
by Eva on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:39 AM

No. This is not a cashout system like SB. I think that's why a lot of people are turned off from it. It is a drawing system. The more points you get for answering quick questions, the more chances you get in the drawing. They are a brand based consumer site, so each brand is asking questions about their products (or a variety of similar products). Each brand has their own points (100-1 entry into that brand's drawing, each question answered is 20 points with opportunities for more points by entering quick discussions or posting a photo-usually you with the brand in the grocery store lol)
Anyway, it takes maybe 5-10 minutes a day to answer everything that's available for ALL brands, they have a nice little dashboard- and once I started actaully going in to do it once a day, I've won at least one card a month. Last month, I actually made a Crowdtap tab and I check in on it a few times a day as brands ocassionally add questions throughout the day. Since doing that, last month I won 5 $5 cards.
As for the sampling, each brand has levels, the more points you get, the higher your level. The points reset at the beginning of every month, but the level progress stays. The higher your level, the better your chances for getting picked for a sampling (sample and shares also up your points once you complete the "share" part)

Quoting aneela:

eevers55
by Eva on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Check out my previous post for an explanation :)

Quoting princess_1983:

How does it work?

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:13 AM

ah ok ok  got it. so there is no guarantee that you get anything for your time. it's a lottery system.

Quoting eevers55:

No. This is not a cashout system like SB. I think that's why a lot of people are turned off from it. It is a drawing system. The more points you get for answering quick questions, the more chances you get in the drawing. They are a brand based consumer site, so each brand is asking questions about their products (or a variety of similar products). Each brand has their own points (100-1 entry into that brand's drawing, each question answered is 20 points with opportunities for more points by entering quick discussions or posting a photo-usually you with the brand in the grocery store lol)
Anyway, it takes maybe 5-10 minutes a day to answer everything that's available for ALL brands, they have a nice little dashboard- and once I started actaully going in to do it once a day, I've won at least one card a month. Last month, I actually made a Crowdtap tab and I check in on it a few times a day as brands ocassionally add questions throughout the day. Since doing that, last month I won 5 $5 cards.
As for the sampling, each brand has levels, the more points you get, the higher your level. The points reset at the beginning of every month, but the level progress stays. The higher your level, the better your chances for getting picked for a sampling (sample and shares also up your points once you complete the "share" part)

Quoting aneela:

eevers55
by Eva on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Yep. I mean, I've found that the more I keep up with it on a daily basis, the better my chances are, especailly because most drawing are for 500 $5 cards, but yeah. At the end of the day, there's no guarantee of anything.
I still suggest trying it to everyone. You can determine the effort vs possibility of win for yourself. I personally have found I like it, but I completely understand if folks don't like it.

Quoting aneela:

ah ok ok  got it. so there is no guarantee that you get anything for your time. it's a lottery system.

Quoting eevers55:

Quoting aneela:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN