Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homemade Alfredo Sauce

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:06 PM
  • 12 Replies

Can someone hook me up with an easy homemade alfredo sauce?  We are tired of buying the bottled stuff....

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:40 PM
3 moms liked this

1 stick butter

8 oz. cream cheese

3/4 cup parmesan cheese

3/4 cup milk

1/2 tsp. pepper

melt butter and cream cheese together, stir until as smooth as it gets.  Add P. cheese and milk and whisk until smooth.  add pepper and stir again.

Can also add 1 to 2 cans of mushrooms....I've also been known to add cooked spinach.

TheBabyFactory4
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:52 PM
Yum. I need to try this

Quoting michiganmom116:

1 stick butter

8 oz. cream cheese

3/4 cup parmesan cheese

3/4 cup milk

1/2 tsp. pepper

melt butter and cream cheese together, stir until as smooth as it gets.  Add P. cheese and milk and whisk until smooth.  add pepper and stir again.

Can also add 1 to 2 cans of mushrooms....I've also been known to add cooked spinach.

michiganmom116
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:55 PM

I found it with a chicken alfredo recipe, but I use it now in all recipes that call for alfredo sauce.   It's VERY good over cooked mixed veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and sliced bell peppers.

Quoting TheBabyFactory4: Yum. I need to try this

Quoting michiganmom116:

1 stick butter

8 oz. cream cheese

3/4 cup parmesan cheese

3/4 cup milk

1/2 tsp. pepper

GrandmaSherry
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks Rhonda!

amanda_mom89
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:17 PM
To clarify, are you talking about fresh parmesan? That's the only way I've made it but I have seen recipes that use the dried stuff.

Quoting michiganmom116:

I found it with a chicken alfredo recipe, but I use it now in all recipes that call for alfredo sauce.   It's VERY good over cooked mixed veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and sliced bell peppers.

Quoting michiganmom116:

1 stick butter

8 oz. cream cheese

3/4 cup parmesan cheese

3/4 cup milk

1/2 tsp. pepper

michiganmom116
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Either one will work.

Quoting amanda_mom89: To clarify, are you talking about fresh parmesan? That's the only way I've made it but I have seen recipes that use the dried stuff.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting michiganmom116:

1 stick butter

8 oz. cream cheese

3/4 cup parmesan cheese

3/4 cup milk

1/2 tsp. pepper

specialwingz
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

That's how I make my Alfredo sauce!  We are actually having chicken & broccoli Alfredo tonight!

RonaH
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:58 AM

That is great because the bottled stuff taste like Poo to me. LOL

Quoting michiganmom116:

1 stick butter

8 oz. cream cheese

3/4 cup parmesan cheese

3/4 cup milk

1/2 tsp. pepper

Edenpeden
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:07 AM

I made a really good version last night, seems a little healthier too.... 2 cups milk half stick butter, 1/2 cup Parmesan 3 tablespoons flour... Salt and pepper 

Stacie03
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 3:49 PM

I use the same recipe as Rhonda too.  Delicious!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)