Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

My boys flushed a cardboard toilet paper roll down the toilet, how to we fix it??

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:26 AM
  • 19 Replies

My sons found this idea online, of making fake poop from a toilet paper roll and water..... 

Well my eldest made one to prank his brother and my youngest flushed it down the toilet. Now the toilet will barely flush. My hubby went out and bought a 25 ft snake winding thing and it did nothing. Hubby said there seem to be too many twists and turns in the pipe to get the snake through properly.

What else can we do to unclog it? Ugh I don't want to pay a plumber, they are so expensive!

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjames1990
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Pour drain cleaner down there and flush. It will eventually break down the cardboard
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:36 AM
2 moms liked this

oh my....sounds like something my boys would do.

chicken13
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Dh would not be happy.  A plumber is going to do 1 of 2 things....snake it or unseat the toilet and snake it from the other end.  Personally....I'd take a very deep breath...and try the snake again yourselves.  Sometimes it takes a bit of coercing.  

I once accidentally flushed a razor down the toilet.  Took me hours to fish that damn thing out. 

mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Agree with this - the point of the snake is to get thru all the twists and turns. Walk away and breathe, and then try a few more times.

Quoting chicken13:

Dh would not be happy.  A plumber is going to do 1 of 2 things....snake it or unseat the toilet and snake it from the other end.  Personally....I'd take a very deep breath...and try the snake again yourselves.  Sometimes it takes a bit of coercing.  

I once accidentally flushed a razor down the toilet.  Took me hours to fish that damn thing out. 

christyg
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Paper will eventually break down in water, so I would think that it will dissolve enough in a day or two to flush it down. I like the drain cleaner idea, because it will help break it down faster. Is this your only toilet? You can always take the toilet up and retrieve it from the underneath side. 

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Try this - it worked for my mom when my nephew did the same:

http://www.wikihow.com/Unclog-a-Toilet-from-a-Flushed-Toilet-Paper-Roll

specialwingz
by Corey on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Honestly, keep working it with the snake.  As that cardboard sits in the water, it will get soggy and begin to tear apart as you work the snake.  Work it a bit, wait, work it some more, plunge, flush, repeat.  A snake is not an instant unclogger.  It is a break-it-upper.  =)

TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Oh you gotta love boys. I agree with the others
Stacie03
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Good luck!  Boys!

JasonsMom2007
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Find your clean out outside and try snaking there. That's what my brother(a plumber) did when my daughter flushed a whole roll of tp.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN