Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who is using their crock pot?? What's your favorite recipe? **edit**

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:58 PM
  • 32 Replies
3 moms liked this

Well, I've been breaking it out for all sorts of things lately and so far so good.  We are a family of 5 so feeding everyone nutritious meals on a budget has been a goal.  Plus it's been busy during the days.  If you have more recipe ideas, please pass them to me!  Last week we did a beef roast, bolognese sauce for spaghetti, chicken breasts w/ cream of chicken and rice, & bbq chicken thighs. :)    

***Hi Ladies-I am only editing this because in addition to Rhonda's great ideas from her crock pot recipe list, I found a blog called www.eatathomecooks.com.  Tiffany not only has different recipe ideas so I don't get into a rut with the same old recipes, but she also has videos that show you how to prepare freezer crock pot meals.  Her prep time is 45 minutes and the rest of the assembly takes about 15 minutes...that's 5 economical & freezable crock pot recipes in an hour.  Can't beat that!***

by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this
specialwingz
by Corey on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:05 PM
4 moms liked this

Oh, wow...I use my crock pot like it's the only appliance I own!!  LOL.

Today, I tossed in 4 chicken quarters, a can of black beans, a can of Rotel, a cup of frozen corn, a splash of chicken broth and topped with taco seasoning (I make my own, but packaged is ok).  Then, set it and forget it.

specialwingz
by Corey on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Yep, I use a lot of Rhonda's recipes.  Every one has been a hit in our household!

eating

Quoting michiganmom116:

I use it quite often, too!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115445/forums/read/16384969/Crockpot_Recipes

Amanda471
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting specialwingz:

Yep, I use a lot of Rhonda's recipes.  Every one has been a hit in our household!

eating

Quoting michiganmom116:

I use it quite often, too!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115445/forums/read/16384969/Crockpot_Recipes

Yes, Rhonda is awesome and has great ideas and recipes!

Amanda471
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Quoting specialwingz:

Today, I tossed in 4 chicken quarters, a can of black beans, a can of Rotel, a cup of frozen corn, a splash of chicken broth and topped with taco seasoning (I make my own, but packaged is ok).  Then, set it and forget it.

I am so trying this recipe this week!  Sounds easy and nutritious.  Thank you! 

12yrmama
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:29 PM

I get in ruts. I'll use it for weeks and weeks, then get caught up on something else... I love making chilli in mine - good on potatoes, chips, plain with cheese on top. Then I got in an egg rut- in fried rice, scrambled with pasta and cheese, baked with sausage, souffles, over easy on toast.

shellybird
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

The other day I had to go to a potluck thing and I threw 3 lb of frozen as a rock ground beef in the crockpot, set it and came back awhile later and it was browned and ready to go for my sauce and noodles!  I love this appliance!

caseyloo
by Casey on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:17 PM

I have a rice in the crock pot question.  What kind of rice do you use and when do you add it to your recipes.  I made a chicken and rice a couple of weeks ago and the rice was like mush even though I followed the recipe directions.

specialwingz
by Corey on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Sometimes, depending on my mood, I will cut up a package of cream cheese and put it on top to melt about 3-45 mind before serving.  

Quoting Amanda471:

Quoting specialwingz:

I am so trying this recipe this week!  Sounds easy and nutritious.  Thank you! 

rmp
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I am using my crock pot today. 

Chicken breasts, 1/2 can of corn, 4oz small can of diced green chilies, and a jar of mild salsa. My family loves the chicken shredded and put on torillas with sour cream and shredded cheese. I found cheap avocados so I will make guacamole to add to tacos. I have refried pinto beans that I cooked in crock pot a few days ago. Yummy!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)