Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi!!!

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:26 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi!!

My name is Brooke. I live in Alabama with my husband and 3 year old son. I've always considered myself frugal and a smart shopper. BUT I've never couponed before. Any couponers out there willing to give me some pointers?

by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Amanda471
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Brooke!  Nice to meet you. :) Every Sunday I take a little time to go through the grocery store ads.  I also cut my coupons then.  I see what meat is on sale, mentally plan out my meals for the week (some ladies really get into planning and can plan them for the month but I'm not that good) and try to match coupons to what's currently on sale.  Sometimes we plan around bulk meat I've purchased at a butcher's or the venison in our freezer (we have hunters in the family).  I get more bang for my buck with couponing.  I dislike paying full price for the non-food items as well-like shampoo, soap, laundry detergent, etc., so I watch for sales and coupons.  There are actually certain times of the year grocery stores will run their sales-like every month-on a certain type of food and this gives you an chance to stock up.  Like this month I'm noticing it's canned goods and soup.  We are a family of 5-2 adults and 3 young kids, so we eat nutritiously but try to keep a budget. :)

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:09 PM

welcome to the group!! glad you are here!

you will need to get a paper with the coupon inserts and if you also have a printer you can print some online too (coupons.com is one site)

get your store circular and match up the items you want with the coupons

there are sites that do match ups for you...you can google the name of the store and coupon match up and you should get several options to check out.

Come check out  Serious Coupon Swappers for swapping, friendship and chat.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/seriouscouponswappers

gbkmama
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:20 PM

THANKS!!

Stacie03
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 6:44 AM

Hi welcome to the group!

momrocks2000
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group Brooke.   If you have any specific questions, I've been couponing for 20 years, and I'm an expert, although I am not an extreme couponer.  Private message me on CafeMom.  Any question is not a dumb one.  Not all of my transactions work, but most of the time it does.  You can save money on food, paper products, health & beauty, organic foods, healthy foods, junk food, boxed/frozen foods, & automotive stores, restaurants.  I do this daily.  When I go out my door, I have a plan of action, even when I worked full-time, and managed at business.  My goal is to save money. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)