Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

My 20$ a day challenge

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 3:29 PM
  • 3 Replies
So last week I started the week off with 80$ an only could use 20$ a day on food an gas.. So at the end of the week I had 45$ left! So after reading a lot of ppls comments about making a grocery list an sticking to it, I would still be able to make my money stretch.. So this week, I took the 45$ I had left from last week an went to the grocery store, an I took the advice of making easy casseroles etc.. An ended up spending 47$ that was only enough for 3 days of meals.. An of coarse I had to go bk to the store an get the rest of my groceries.. So I think I came out better spending only 20$ a day!
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:33 PM

yeah sometimes you need to try a few things to see what works best for your budget and needs

where do you shop?

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Where do you shop and what in the world did you buy to spend $47 for three days worth of meals?

savingtheworld
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 6:16 PM
I have been shopping at Kroger? I bought, eggs, 3 packs of sausages, onion, peppers, 2 packs of chicken,beans, garlic bread, tomato sauce, pepperoni, tator tots cream of mushroom soup, turkey beef, chicken nuggets.. Noodles, Alfredo sauce, coffee creamer that was 69 cents..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)