Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

need recipes please using canned food

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 4:01 PM
  • 12 Replies

well my sons party is coming fast i bought almost everything and i am almost broke so of course i cant buy food for the house right now i have lots of canned food of everyhting

does anyone have recipes with canned food i have everything veggie,fruit,soup etc... i have stuff in the fridge like onion,potatos,jalepnos etc...and condiments but not alot

i also have rice and lots of pastas

i just need recipe to hold us up for almost 1 week maybe 2 until my husband gets his check

i also have canned chicken and tuna

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:45 PM
4 moms liked this

I'm going to give you a website that will allow you to enter ingredients you have in your pantry and it will suggest recipes:   supercook.com

djg0622
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I like macaroni salad. With tuna, mayo, elbow noodles, celery, and onion. You could do chicken noodle soup with the chicken, canned carrots, noodles. Or a vegetable soup. Chicken and rice.
SeventiesChild
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 6:45 PM

If you have lots of different kinds of beans i have a recipe for Mexican Bean Salad that is pretty good. How old is your son?

AiW
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:15 PM
Tuna noodle casserole: cream of mushroom or celery soup, drained can of tuna, cooked noodles. If you have cornflake crumbs or potato chips to top it with, and you can also add canned peas to the mix.
jasmine619
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:41 AM

yes that would be great i have a 5 ,9,11 year old

Quoting SeventiesChild:

If you have lots of different kinds of beans i have a recipe for Mexican Bean Salad that is pretty good. How old is your son?

shellybird
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 4:09 PM

You can add can chicken into any casserole dish.  I am not a big fan of using it by itself (chicken salad, etc)  But I make a cream cheezy chicken enchilda (sp?) dish.  I would eat alot of pastas and rice dishes. 

mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:44 AM

I can see lots of casseroles in your future! :-) honestly, I would think you could use canned foods the same as fresh, except the cooking time would be decreased because it's already cooked.  So whatever you already eat, with less prep and cooking time.   

christyg
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 1:16 AM

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/simple-taco-soup

I usually double everything except the meat. My whole family loves this one!

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Jan. 25, 2014 at 1:39 AM

Everything I can think of has already been suggested. 

RosePetalTears
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 10:18 PM

boil 2 c of elbow mac, drain and rinse with cool water

mix with 1 can of peas, drained

1(or2) can of tuna, drained

some diced onions,

miracle whip to taste

and dh like its with some shredded sharp cheddar in it

I like it better if it has been refridgerated for at least a day but its ready to eat right away. I like it cold, dh likes to warm it up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)