Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

How do you make ends meet when bad weather becomes an obstacle?

Posted by   + Show Post

With the "Great Snowstorm of '14" looming on the horizon, we're looking at schools being out and roads being closed. We both have full tanks of gas and we have lots of groceries and things on hand, so we're going to be okay, I think. My sister, however, living 2hrs north and in the trajectory of the heaviest snow predictions for the state, isn't sure how they'll manage since road closings mean her husband can't get to work so he won't get paid for that day.

It made me think, how do you manage when bad weather means the kids are home and you and/or your husband/SO can't go to work, either? You have the extra expense of them being home to eat more during the day and the loss of income from not getting to work.

If you haven't had to deal with this yet, what do you think you'd do? Do you think you'd come out okay?

by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 2:25 PM
Replies (81-81):
choaspartyof4
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 2:07 PM
We don't have any extra expense as my son doesn't like the school lunches so he packs everyday anyways. Lunch is $2.75 at school here, its not free.
We have a savings to cover emergencies and before the bad weather hit we went and did a huge grocery trip to stock up on what we were low on. I do keep a stockpile here though so we could survive for 2-3 months and not worry about food. We would just be out of fresh fruit/produce.
The bad weather doesn't impact us financially at all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)