Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another hard blow **UPDATE**

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:53 AM
  • 56 Replies
3 moms liked this

UPDATE:  DH just received a call from his supervisor to return to work tomorrow to cover for someone that will be off the rest of the week due to health issues.  I'm sorry that someone else has to suffer, but....YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

We made it through the Christmas layoff at DH's workplace and a couple of 4 day work weeks last month, only to get a phone call this morning that he's laid off again starting today, and unemployment has been taking several weeks to pay out. 

He has over 25 years at this place, but we are now seriously considering moving to another state due to economic and weather conditions. 

by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Crud!!! Prayers for your family.
RonaH
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh boy im sorry. What does the job do lay off and then eventually call back? That seems super stressful.
chicken13
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

That sucks.

RosePetalTears
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

that stinks!!  You're welcome to move to Co and then we can trade stuff from our gardens and i'll show you some good fishing spots  :)

AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry Rhonda I sure hope things get better for you. 

Where are you thinking about moving too?

My fill-in-mom and I were talking about unemployment the other day and she said they were going to be cutting people off due to funding.  I don't know if this is just for MN people only or for everyone.  Heck not even sure if it's true.  Do you think this could be the reason for delay?

sdlynsey-vi

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

that is really sad Rhonda...you all def need to sit and consider it all and do what is best for your family for sure. very sorry.

AiW
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
So sorry!
Stacie03
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 11:21 AM

HUGS!  So sorry to hear this.  The factory my dad works for did this to him a few years ago too, he now works like 30hrs weeks there.  I think the only reason he stays is for the insurance they offer.  

Where are you looking into moving?  South :) Would your older kids follow you do you think?  Good luck!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 2, 2014 at 12:32 PM

He works in manufacturing.  Unfortunately his job is indirectly based on consumer demand.  This laid off/called back cycle goes on a few times a year.  I'm trying to talk him into going into another choice of work.

Quoting RonaH: Oh boy im sorry. What does the job do lay off and then eventually call back? That seems super stressful.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 2, 2014 at 12:33 PM

Quoting RosePetalTears:

that stinks!!  You're welcome to move to Co and then we can trade stuff from our gardens and i'll show you some good fishing spots  :)

Sounds very inviting!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)