Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cell Phone Choices: Straightalk, Ting, vs Republic Wireless,

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:50 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hoping to get some advice on cell phone service. My husband has straight talk now ($45 a month for unlimited data) which he is happy with, except for his phone. He phone has been giving him some problems. I have read other places that Straight talk has sucky phones. I have been used my IPod and a wireless device. Some places like Panera, Target, the mall, etc I can get wirless service through them. It's sucky wireless service and my Ipod is like 3 years old and the battery drains quickly. I am at home a lot and we have a home phone. So I don't want to spend a small fortune on cell service. I do like to have access to my e-mail, apps for the phone, etc.. I do everything electronically so. I have e-shopping list, mail online, etc...I like to be able to scan items and compare for better prices. So I would like a smart phone to do all that. Yet I don't need a ton of minutes. I am leaning towards Tina, because you can only buy what you need. I am hoping to hear what others on hear have to say. I hate contracts so I am not looking for a contract. I am in Northwestern NJ if that helps.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:12 PM
I only heard of Straightalk and heard from a friend it's affordable but not sure about the service.
AzariahsMother
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:51 PM

I have T-mobile and don't really know those brands.

Jaysgal426
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Quoting AzariahsMother:

I have T-mobile and don't really know those brands.

What is Tmobile like? Are you happy with the service?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)