Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this is going to kill me

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:03 AM
  • 137 Replies
2 moms liked this
I'm buying a laptop today. We have the money from taxes. My kid's computer we use a lot for homeschooling is very old and only works part of the time. My laptop is about 6 years old but still works fine. So we're getting me a new laptop and handing mine down.
It just kills me to spend that much money!
Anybody else hate spending large sums of money?
Thankfully hubby has a laptop through work or he'd want one too!
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ausomezombie2.0
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:04 AM

yes. 

chicken13
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:10 AM
5 moms liked this

Yes and no.  I hate spending large amounts when it's not a planned purchase.  But if we've been planning it, then I'm better with it.

dd is up next for a new computer.  Dh gets a new computer for work every other year or so and dd and I alternate who gets his old one. 

specialwingz
by Corey on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:27 AM
4 moms liked this

I always hate letting go of large amounts of money.  But, when it's planned, it's not so bad.  We really have to talk it over and look at why we want or need it.  Then, once we decide to actually do it, we research and shop around until we find the best deal without sacrificing quality.

JasonsMom2007
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
We shopped around already. Costco has one I really like and on top of their good prices it's $150 off right now.

Quoting specialwingz:

I always hate letting go of large amounts of money.  But, when it's planned, it's not so bad.  We really have to talk it over and look at why we want or need it.  Then, once we decide to actually do it, we research and shop around until we find the best deal without sacrificing quality.

specialwingz
by Corey on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Nice!

Quoting JasonsMom2007: We shopped around already. Costco has one I really like and on top of their good prices it's $150 off right now.

Quoting specialwingz:

GrandmaSherry
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

If its something you have the money to get and you know you will truly need it, then its not bad.  My computer is about the only thing I would really spend money on....does that sound bad?  LOL  But I use it for everything so it is well worth the money spent. Sounds like your kids are really needing a better computer so I think you will not mind it so much once you see the benefits!  Enjoy it!

JasonsMom2007
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Thanks I use mine even more than they use theirs! I look online for homeschooling ideas constantly.

Quoting GrandmaSherry:

If its something you have the money to get and you know you will truly need it, then its not bad.  My computer is about the only thing I would really spend money on....does that sound bad?  LOL  But I use it for everything so it is well worth the money spent. Sounds like your kids are really needing a better computer so I think you will not mind it so much once you see the benefits!  Enjoy it!

Marz31
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Yeah, it makes me sick too, depending on how much, even if it's planned! I just got a great new laptop at Best Buy and the next week, it was on sale for $100 less, price matched it and made it an even BETTER laptop! I would have gotten something from Costco, their second year additional warranty is a HUGE benefit, but they didn't have any 17" ones in the store and I was shopping in Oregon, trying to save tax ;) so I got the one at BB and I'm happy with it! still getting used to Win 8.1 tho. 

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 7, 2014 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

if it is going to be worth it...then i dont feel bad about the cost.  i do shop around for the best deal though before buying an expensive item.

Khanfan
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Me Me ME!!!

I hate spending money,  especially large amounts..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)