Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Paleo Vacation Menu

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:06 PM
  • 41 Replies
I'm vacationing with my in laws next month and I offered to make the menu for the meals we'll be eating in. They follow the paleo diet but because we're not going to have a whole kitchen supply of ingredients I'd like to make things that will stretch ingredients since we'll be going grocery shopping out there. I dont want a ton of any one ingredient left when vacation is over lol. I imagine we'll eat breakfast at our villa every morning and dinner probably 5 nights a week. There will be 10 people. Any ideas are welcome.
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 2:58 AM

IDK how to make sure you don't have any left over spices.

KenzieQsMommy
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 5:53 AM
Spices might be okay cause those travel well. Things like coconut oil, Not so much lol

Quoting LaughCryLive:

LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 5:55 AM
Can you pack a small box of things?

Quoting KenzieQsMommy: Spices might be okay cause those travel well. Things like coconut oil, Not so much lol

Quoting LaughCryLive:

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:41 AM

Well, there are quite a few variations of the paleo diet....do they eat dairy at all?  Do they follow the low carb version or will they eat things like sweet potatoes and maybe some treats?  Are they strictly whole foods or would they eat "paleo-fied" recipes for things like pancakes?

KatLee42513
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:46 AM
If I was in your position, I'd be preparing a menu for our family to cook. We do not eat paleo.
Rhodin
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:48 AM

Well, fresh fruit is easy and biodegradable.

BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not familiar about Paleo diet but heres a bump.
KenzieQsMommy
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 11:13 AM
I might....I'd be made fun of all vacation though :/

Quoting LaughCryLive: Can you pack a small box of things?

Quoting KenzieQsMommy: Spices might be okay cause those travel well. Things like coconut oil, Not so much lol

Quoting LaughCryLive:

KenzieQsMommy
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 11:17 AM
They do eat sweet potatoes, and being in disney World they probably will enjoy some goodies. They paleofie a lot, pancakes is one of them. I'll probably make paleo and non paleo breakfast. I figure a couple of egg bakes with some fresh veggies and I'll make a batch of pancakes. Fresh fruit too. Sometimes they eat yogurt but not usually. Rarely cheese. We'll have a full sized grill so I know we'll do that a lot.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Well, there are quite a few variations of the paleo diet....do they eat dairy at all?  Do they follow the low carb version or will they eat things like sweet potatoes and maybe some treats?  Are they strictly whole foods or would they eat "paleo-fied" recipes for things like pancakes?

KenzieQsMommy
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 11:18 AM
I wont ignore their diet restrictions on this, they're paying for our disney vacation this is the least I could do. Besides, its not a bad diet at all. Very healthy.

Quoting KatLee42513: If I was in your position, I'd be preparing a menu for our family to cook. We do not eat paleo.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)