Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Do you think its ethical?

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:50 PM
  • 45 Replies
Someone on my local fb garage sale page is trying to sell things she got for free with couponing. I find this to be in poor taste, even of its legal to do so.
What are your thoughts?
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy4-27-08
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:57 PM
I thinks it not cool, and I morally wouldn't feel right about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:59 PM
I wouldn't either. Its one thing if she's trying to raise money for groceries but instead she said she wants to go to Vegas:-/

Quoting Mommy4-27-08: I thinks it not cool, and I morally wouldn't feel right about it.
specialwingz
by Corey on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I am really on the fence with this one.  On the one hand, she is trying to profit from couponing.  And, I really don't think it's right to charge money for things I didn't pay for.  Yet, almost garage sale I've ever seen has always had a box of McD's happy meal toys for like .10-.25 per toy.  LOL.

On the other hand, she did take the time to coupon and shop for the items.  So, getting the money for her effort and consumables such as fuel, is understandable to some degree.

I feel the same way about this as I do selling coupon inserts.  While one is hiding under the guise of "collecting money for a service", something about it just isn't right to me.

MommyJill87
by Jill on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:02 PM
I think it's shady
mamavaness
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:03 PM
I actually dont see a problem with it. Shes trying to make extra cash and its not illegal.
katiebug840204
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:05 PM
I agree

Quoting specialwingz:

I am really on the fence with this one.  On the one hand, she is trying to profit from couponing.  And, I really don't think it's right to charge money for things I didn't pay for.  Yet, almost garage sale I've ever seen has always had a box of McD's happy meal toys for like .10-.25 per toy.  LOL.

On the other hand, she did take the time to coupon and shop for the items.  So, getting the money for her effort and consumables such as fuel, is understandable to some degree.

I feel the same way about this as I do selling coupon inserts.  While one is hiding under the guise of "collecting money for a service", something about it just isn't right to me.

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:09 PM
She prefaced her post with 'you're paying foe my time' which leads me to think she knows its probably not the most honest thing to do

Quoting specialwingz:

specialwingz
by Corey on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Exactly!

Quoting KenzieQsMommy: She prefaced her post with 'you're paying foe my time' which leads me to think she knows its probably not the most honest thing to do

Quoting specialwingz:

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:11 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't have a problem with it.  She did the work of finding the coupons, getting the product, and listing it.  I know a lot of people that get stuff for free and turn around and sell it.

tennis4lissa
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:17 PM
2 moms liked this

Its a service, she did the couponing and the shopping, now you get the items at a discount.  My sister does this and helps people out who are struggling financially.  She gets the stuff for free up to 25% of the price, and they have agreed to pay 50% of store prices to compensate for the time, gas and effort it takes her to shop for them. I dont see a problem with it.  I coupon but dont sell any of it, I just do it for my family, but she does a ton of it so it takes her much more time.  I think everyone is winning in her situation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN