Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Garage Sale Steal!

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:08 PM
  • 26 Replies
3 moms liked this
I stalk my local garage sale fb page lol. This weekend I got an outfit, 2 dresses, 2 pairs of shoes and a swim suit for dd, 2 onesies (Mickey Mouse!) And a hoodie for ds and an infant carrier for $30!! I was so excited, we need a few summer things for our trip to disney next month and I didn't want to pay full price, especially for ds's since he won't fit in it by summer time.
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Mobile Photo

One of dds new pairs of shoes....so cute!!!!!
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Mobile Photo

This is her other pair. I was looking at this EXACT pair at at Target on clearance for $10 and I paid $2 for these.
Barb10
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Nice! I love find g good deals! I hate paying full price for anything. I can't wait for warmer weather for yard sales and the churches have flea markets and you can get great deals!

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:44 PM
I love the Facebook Garage Sale Pages, you can decide what's worth your time. Especially for baby stuff, people post pictures of everything.

Quoting Barb10:

Nice! I love find g good deals! I hate paying full price for anything. I can't wait for warmer weather for yard sales and the churches have flea markets and you can get great deals!

Dee2014
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
What a great deal! You probably saved over $100 or more.
Did you find a good deal on your trip to Disney as well?
Would love to hear about how you are saving $ on the trip and where to stay, etc.
sweetspice03
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 5:13 PM

That is a wonderful bargain.  I know those carriers aren't cheap, so you definitely got a gem of a deal.  

MissyB1011
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Great deals on some cute stuff! 

I belong to several in my area. One year my DS's clothing for a full year came from the fb groups and 1 kids resale. It was really helpful for DD when she had a big growth spurt and skipped a full size almost overnight. I got to know some of the ladies really well. They would message me before they even posted since I would buy in lots. It has really helped out our budget!

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:41 PM
Well I am very blessed to have in laws who take us on these kinds of vacations. Disney World is a tradition for all grandkids in his family. We are staying at a resort outside of Disney. They got us 5 day park hopper passes and we're doing 2 character meals. Most of the cooking will be done at theresort.

Quoting Dee2014: What a great deal! You probably saved over $100 or more.

Did you find a good deal on your trip to Disney as well?

Would love to hear about how you are saving $ on the trip and where to stay, etc.

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:47 PM
I know! She was only asking $10. It does the job, but its not very comfortable:-/

Quoting sweetspice03:

That is a wonderful bargain.  I know those carriers aren't cheap, so you definitely got a gem of a deal.  

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow thats awesome! I said the same thing to my dh, it would be nice if she contacted me in the future because her dd is a year or two older than mine and her ds is a few months older than mine. I'd be loyal customer lol

Quoting MissyB1011:

Great deals on some cute stuff! 

I belong to several in my area. One year my DS's clothing for a full year came from the fb groups and 1 kids resale. It was really helpful for DD when she had a big growth spurt and skipped a full size almost overnight. I got to know some of the ladies really well. They would message me before they even posted since I would buy in lots. It has really helped out our budget!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)