Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

how many is enough for you?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:33 AM
  • 30 Replies

Poll

Question: How many pairs of shoes?

Options:

1-25

25-50

50-75

75-100

over 100!!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 47

View Results

Shoes!!

We'll count ANY type of footwear that you use...from flip flops to heels to boots to whatever styles.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-p5iYYZgvrZI/UIYysDFPzOI/AAAAAAAAGEc/ZWZIaGO5GrY/s1600/types+of+shoes.jpg

by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katherinemcp
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:40 AM
Just a few good ones, and as soon as its remotely warm enough, I'm barefoot or in flip flops, lol. (;
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:42 AM

ha ha cool. i know a lot of ladies cannot wait for flip flop season

Quoting katherinemcp: Just a few good ones, and as soon as its remotely warm enough, I'm barefoot or in flip flops, lol. (;

VinVanMom
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:44 AM

I love shoes but 100 pairs would make me claustrophobic and overwhelmed. 

pixiemg1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Not a huge shoe person.  I have maybe 10 pairs. 

Moki75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:52 AM

uhm I have like 4 pairs.  

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:55 AM

i think some people are just shoe addicts? i guess if they have the money and space to house them...

i def couldnt keep track

Quoting VinVanMom:

I love shoes but 100 pairs would make me claustrophobic and overwhelmed. 

specialwingz
by Corey on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:24 PM
2 moms liked this

I have a shoe fetish.  Just call me Imelda.  *Hangs head with a blush on her face*

mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Haha, Hi Imelda!!! I'm Imelda, Jr! LOL

When I was working, the only thing that could say "I am not a robot" was my shoes!!! High heels, kitten pumps, round toe, open toe, pointy, wedges, flats, low top chucks, sandals, high tops, riding boots, motos, "zipper dees"...I sold a bunch after we decided I wasn't going to go to work for awhile. (Boo!!!)

I kept my boots (they're Fryes and are known to last a lifetime - my first pair I got at a estate sale and date back to 1972 - they are like BUTTER!!!), a pair of chucks in almost every color, a handful of sandals, a pair of wedges and a couple of pairs of heels that I've had resoled to last.

Im a firm believer that shoes can last a lifetime if you buy quality and take good care of them.

Quoting specialwingz:

I have a shoe fetish.  Just call me Imelda.  *Hangs head with a blush on her face*

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Feb. 25, 2014 at 2:31 PM
I probably have 20 pairs but I need to go through and donate. Some of them I havent worn in years and have no reason to hang on to them.
specialwingz
by Corey on Feb. 25, 2014 at 2:32 PM

My shoe fetish began decades ago when I was in the airline industry.  The ONLY part of my uniform that COULD change was my shoes.  They had to be navy blue and at least 2" heels.  But, the style could change.  So, I had every style of navy blue high heels I could find.  The good side to that was, because I had to wear navy blue, it never went out of season for me.  So, when navy blue season was going out and shoes went on sale, I was buying like a mad woman.  I bought Connie's, 9 West, Bandolino, etc.  All beautiful name brands.  And, I never paid over $20 for them because they were all going out of season on discontinued discounts.  I was buying $75-$100+ shoes for $20!!!! 

My ex-h used to ask me just how many shoes I really needed.  When it's the ONLY thing I could change in my wardrobe...LOTS!!!!  LOL.

Since then, I've continued my love affair with shoes.  But, it isn't quite as bad.  And, I still look for great sales.

Quoting mybratsmom: Haha, Hi Imelda!!! I'm Imelda, Jr! LOL

When I was working, the only thing that could say "I am not a robot" was my shoes!!! High heels, kitten pumps, round toe, open toe, pointy, wedges, flats, low top chucks, sandals, high tops, riding boots, motos, "zipper dees"...I sold a bunch after we decided I wasn't going to go to work for awhile. (Boo!!!)

I kept my boots (they're Fryes and are known to last a lifetime - my first pair I got at a estate sale and date back to 1972 - they are like BUTTER!!!), a pair of chucks in almost every color, a handful of sandals, a pair of wedges and a couple of pairs of heels that I've had resoled to last.

Im a firm believer that shoes can last a lifetime if you buy quality and take good care of them.

Quoting specialwingz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN