Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Any couponers here?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:20 PM
  • 7 Replies
I am trying to get started.

Was it difficult for you to get going?
Any tips?
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Feb. 26, 2014 at 5:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes.

No, it was fairly easy but I started over ten years ago.

My best tip is let someone else do the work for you. Iheartthemart, I heartpublix, afullcup, weusecoupons, iheartkroger etc. They do matchups, with links to printables and which insert to find coupons in.

Even if you don't use the product if it is free or makes you money get them. You can donate to the shelter or pantry for a tax deduction (and to help fellow creatures on this planet) and you can use the extra "money maker" coupon money to buy things your normally would not find a coupon for, like veggies, meat etc.

Also price matching is your friend. Wal-Mart has a fantastic policy and aldi has great weekly meat and produce selections. Great way to save on fresh foods.

Im mobile or I would say more but BUMP!

The ladies in here have a great way of explaining things I can't! :)
lunyuny
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 7:26 AM
Thank you!

Quoting thefiregoddess: Yes.

My best tip is let someone else do the work for you. Iheartthemart, I heartpublix, afullcup, weusecoupons, iheartkroger etc. They do matchups, with links to printables and which insert to find coupons in.

Even if you don't use the product if it is free or makes you money get them. You can donate to the shelter or pantry for a tax deduction (and to help fellow creatures on this planet) and you can use the extra "money maker" coupon money to buy things your normally would not find a coupon for, like veggies, meat etc.

Also price matching is your friend. Wal-Mart has a fantastic policy and aldi has great weekly meat and produce selections. Great way to save on fresh foods.

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:07 AM
You explained it beautifully :)

Quoting thefiregoddess: Yes.

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I started small.

Diapers, in fact. That was my first goal. I wanted to see if I could beat the Sam's Club price per diaper (consistently) by using coupons. Turns out I've cut my diaper budget by half.

After I achieved that I took the same approach with other things I buy. I took the average price I pay at the cheapest stores (which turns out NOT to be Sam's Club most of the time) and try to just beat my average price.

Sometimes this includes coupons, other times it simply means being aware of sales.

At any rate, I worked my way into it very slowly (it was at least a 2 year process, seriously) and now it is a habit that takes no more time than my usual shopping habits.

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

AzariahsMother
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not extreme but do them 

tnovak
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

do research, read blogs, get as much info as you can.  

lunyuny
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:22 PM
Thank you. I started a couple days ago. So much information!!

Quoting tnovak:

do research, read blogs, get as much info as you can.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)