Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas
Okay, not really but sorta. At the beginning of the year I made a pact with myself. NO MORE DRIVE THRUS!!!! Pregnant, exhausted and craving everything in sight I made drive thrus a bad habit last year. A very, very bad habit. Not only is fast food of any kind very unhealthy but its also very expensive. It was all too easy to make a quick stop. But I wasn't losing the weight after having my son, I felt like I was gaining. I'm proud that I have really stuck with that resolution, even though my dh tempts me with his own bad habits. I still haven't lost the weight (20lbs left, just need to get more active and the weather isn't helping!) But I feel much healthier and way less lethargic and run down.
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:14 AM
Replies (11-20):
AzariahsMother
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:01 AM

I agree with Heather.  You have to start somewhere.  I was doing the same like you about 4 pops a day, and down to 1, but then I picked up coffee.  About 2 weeks ago did pretty good in drinking water instead of coffee, but picked the coffee right back up. :( 

Quoting polkaspots: That's awesome. Right now I'm trying to cut out soda entirely. It hasn't fully happened yet, I've had about five cans so far.

MommyJill87
by Jill on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Good for you!!!!
polkaspots
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:23 AM
I don't really drink coffee, but recently I've had to. I've been dealing with insomnia and the past few weeks I've been drinking coffee to keep myself up through the afternoon.
I haven't bought soda for myself at all this year and I feel good about that. I've also cut down the amount of packaged foods and started cooking more from scratch. I even stopped buying pasta. I never realized how expensive it was until I started making my own.

Quoting AzariahsMother:

I agree with Heather.  You have to start somewhere.  I was doing the same like you about 4 pops a day, and down to 1, but then I picked up coffee.  About 2 weeks ago did pretty good in drinking water instead of coffee, but picked the coffee right back up. :( 

Quoting polkaspots: That's awesome. Right now I'm trying to cut out soda entirely. It hasn't fully happened yet, I've had about five cans so far.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:37 AM

That's great that you have been able to cut it out.  I feel like I eat healthy just have to figure out the work out part.  That's what I struggle with. 

Quoting polkaspots: I don't really drink coffee, but recently I've had to. I've been dealing with insomnia and the past few weeks I've been drinking coffee to keep myself up through the afternoon. I haven't bought soda for myself at all this year and I feel good about that. I've also cut down the amount of packaged foods and started cooking more from scratch. I even stopped buying pasta. I never realized how expensive it was until I started making my own.
Quoting AzariahsMother:

polkaspots
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Me too. I've had the same exercise routine since I was a teenager, but it doesn't do as much for me as it used to. I have to upgrade to something more physical than sit ups and walking. Once spring really starts I'm going to pick up running. I also might start going to the gym. I don't really have an excuse not to. There's a parks dept gym a block away that charges $25 annually for young adults.

Quoting AzariahsMother:

That's great that you have been able to cut it out.  I feel like I eat healthy just have to figure out the work out part.  That's what I struggle with. 

Quoting polkaspots: I don't really drink coffee, but recently I've had to. I've been dealing with insomnia and the past few weeks I've been drinking coffee to keep myself up through the afternoon. I haven't bought soda for myself at all this year and I feel good about that. I've also cut down the amount of packaged foods and started cooking more from scratch. I even stopped buying pasta. I never realized how expensive it was until I started making my own.
Quoting AzariahsMother:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chicken13
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:43 AM

That's great.  Fast good (and most restaurant food) is so bad for you.  High calorie, high fat, high salt, low nutritional value.

my dh is awful with fast food....and I'm the exact opposite.  I won't eat it.  I just make sure I always have a snack in my bag in case I get hungry. 

littlemoments99
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 7:51 PM

That's awesome! I haven't really been liking fast food lately. I just had a burger from Oscar's the other day, but I probably only eat out maybe once a month...if that. I just don't think fast food tastes good anymore. 

I made this little craft I saw on Pintrest where I can plan my meals for the week. I don't always make what I picked for that day, but it is helping. I am introducing different kinds of foods and not eating the same stuff all the time, which is great! 

Now I just have to figure out how to save money and how to bulk shop. I am new to that so it's not really all that easy. I don't really know a lot of recipies so when I find something to make I have to go out and buy the stuff I need. 

Tonight I made peppersteak for the first time! Dh says it's okay, but he doesn't like peppers, so I guess this will be a dinner we don't have that often.    :)

Debmomto2girls
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:47 AM

About 3 years ago, I quite completely. I had a serisouly bad habit.  I was drinking 5-6 cans a day.  One day I just said enough.  I had migraines striaght for 1 month. But, I never looked back.

best of Luck quitting!

polkaspots
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:50 AM
So far I've stopped buying my own, but I wasn't drinking that much. I was drinking about two cups a day. Now I have the occasional can of my husband's coke. I've had less than one a week so far. It helps that I also haven't been going out to eat.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

About 3 years ago, I quite completely. I had a serisouly bad habit.  I was drinking 5-6 cans a day.  One day I just said enough.  I had migraines striaght for 1 month. But, I never looked back.

best of Luck quitting!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Debmomto2girls
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:52 AM

It does help not to eat out.  I didn't eat out for the first month so I wouldn't be tempted.  Now I just order lemonade.

Quoting polkaspots: So far I've stopped buying my own, but I wasn't drinking that much. I was drinking about two cups a day. Now I have the occasional can of my husband's coke. I've had less than one a week so far. It helps that I also haven't been going out to eat.
Quoting Debmomto2girls:

best of Luck quitting!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)