Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas
Okay, not really but sorta. At the beginning of the year I made a pact with myself. NO MORE DRIVE THRUS!!!! Pregnant, exhausted and craving everything in sight I made drive thrus a bad habit last year. A very, very bad habit. Not only is fast food of any kind very unhealthy but its also very expensive. It was all too easy to make a quick stop. But I wasn't losing the weight after having my son, I felt like I was gaining. I'm proud that I have really stuck with that resolution, even though my dh tempts me with his own bad habits. I still haven't lost the weight (20lbs left, just need to get more active and the weather isn't helping!) But I feel much healthier and way less lethargic and run down.
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:14 AM
Replies (21-30):
lizard3731
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:52 AM

That's great!  Good luck with your weight loss.

polkaspots
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:54 AM
How did you deal with the migraines? I've been drinking coffee to deal with them and the exhaustion from insomnia.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

It does help not to eat out.  I didn't eat out for the first month so I wouldn't be tempted.  Now I just order lemonade.

Quoting polkaspots: So far I've stopped buying my own, but I wasn't drinking that much. I was drinking about two cups a day. Now I have the occasional can of my husband's coke. I've had less than one a week so far. It helps that I also haven't been going out to eat.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

About 3 years ago, I quite completely. I had a serisouly bad habit.  I was drinking 5-6 cans a day.  One day I just said enough.  I had migraines striaght for 1 month. But, I never looked back.

best of Luck quitting!

Quoting polkaspots: That's awesome. Right now I'm trying to cut out soda entirely. It hasn't fully happened yet, I've had about five cans so far.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Debmomto2girls
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:56 AM

I do not drink coffee or tea.  I do not like the taste. I have had migraines for over 20 years.  I have medicaiton for it.  I just told my doctor what was going on and took more medicaiton for that month.  It wasn't easy but worth it in the end.

Quoting polkaspots: How did you deal with the migraines? I've been drinking coffee to deal with them and the exhaustion from insomnia.
Quoting Debmomto2girls:

It does help not to eat out.  I didn't eat out for the first month so I wouldn't be tempted.  Now I just order lemonade.

Quoting polkaspots: So far I've stopped buying my own, but I wasn't drinking that much. I was drinking about two cups a day. Now I have the occasional can of my husband's coke. I've had less than one a week so far. It helps that I also haven't been going out to eat.
Quoting Debmomto2girls:

About 3 years ago, I quite completely. I had a serisouly bad habit.  I was drinking 5-6 cans a day.  One day I just said enough.  I had migraines striaght for 1 month. But, I never looked back.

best of Luck quitting!

Quoting polkaspots: That's awesome. Right now I'm trying to cut out soda entirely. It hasn't fully happened yet, I've had about five cans so far.

polkaspots
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:00 AM
I don't regularly drink coffee either. I bought some Starbucks espresso and had a little every afternoon to perk myself up until the migraines stopped. Because I'm not a coffee drinker I wasn't worried about replacing my soda with it. Unfortunately I've been dealing with insomnia and without my soda I'm getting migraines again every afternoon from not getting enough sleep. I didn't start getting migraines until December.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

I do not drink coffee or tea.  I do not like the taste. I have had migraines for over 20 years.  I have medicaiton for it.  I just told my doctor what was going on and took more medicaiton for that month.  It wasn't easy but worth it in the end.

Quoting polkaspots: How did you deal with the migraines? I've been drinking coffee to deal with them and the exhaustion from insomnia.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

best of Luck quitting!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiebug840204
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:02 AM
Great job!
Debmomto2girls
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:03 AM

If you feel a migraine coming on, try Excedrin.  If I take it quick enough, I do not have to take my migraine medicine.  I also got a temporary prescription for Ambien for insomnia.

After I quit, I made sure I stayed away form caffeine completely.  Caffeine is weird.  Too much causes migrines but once you have a migraine it tkaes it away.  Since I have been off Caffeine drinks, I have noticed my migraines are less frequent.

Quoting polkaspots: I don't regularly drink coffee either. I bought some Starbucks espresso and had a little every afternoon to perk myself up until the migraines stopped. Because I'm not a coffee drinker I wasn't worried about replacing my soda with it. Unfortunately I've been dealing with insomnia and without my soda I'm getting migraines again every afternoon from not getting enough sleep. I didn't start getting migraines until December.
Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

best of Luck quitting!

polkaspots
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:08 AM
I think I'll try that next week. I still have coffee in the house. I can't take sleeping pills though unfortunately. I cosleep with a two month old and wake up a few times to feed him.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

If you feel a migraine coming on, try Excedrin.  If I take it quick enough, I do not have to take my migraine medicine.  I also got a temporary prescription for Ambien for insomnia.

After I quit, I made sure I stayed away form caffeine completely.  Caffeine is weird.  Too much causes migrines but once you have a migraine it tkaes it away.  Since I have been off Caffeine drinks, I have noticed my migraines are less frequent.

Quoting polkaspots: I don't regularly drink coffee either. I bought some Starbucks espresso and had a little every afternoon to perk myself up until the migraines stopped. Because I'm not a coffee drinker I wasn't worried about replacing my soda with it. Unfortunately I've been dealing with insomnia and without my soda I'm getting migraines again every afternoon from not getting enough sleep. I didn't start getting migraines until December.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

best of Luck quitting!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Debmomto2girls
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:10 AM

Yes, sleeping pills would not be a good idea!  Try not drinking any caffeine to close to bedtime.  

Hope it gets better!

Quoting polkaspots: I think I'll try that next week. I still have coffee in the house. I can't take sleeping pills though unfortunately. I cosleep with a two month old and wake up a few times to feed him.
Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

best of Luck quitting!

polkaspots
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:43 AM
I haven't need drinking it in the evening at all. That's the unfortunate part. I usually have it around one pm and it's literally like one shot of espresso. The insomnia is due to stress.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Yes, sleeping pills would not be a good idea!  Try not drinking any caffeine to close to bedtime.  

Hope it gets better!

Quoting polkaspots: I think I'll try that next week. I still have coffee in the house. I can't take sleeping pills though unfortunately. I cosleep with a two month old and wake up a few times to feed him.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

best of Luck quitting!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momrocks2000
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:35 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)