Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas
Okay, not really but sorta. At the beginning of the year I made a pact with myself. NO MORE DRIVE THRUS!!!! Pregnant, exhausted and craving everything in sight I made drive thrus a bad habit last year. A very, very bad habit. Not only is fast food of any kind very unhealthy but its also very expensive. It was all too easy to make a quick stop. But I wasn't losing the weight after having my son, I felt like I was gaining. I'm proud that I have really stuck with that resolution, even though my dh tempts me with his own bad habits. I still haven't lost the weight (20lbs left, just need to get more active and the weather isn't helping!) But I feel much healthier and way less lethargic and run down.
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:14 AM
Replies (31-37):
momrocks2000
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:39 AM

I've tried to jump off the pop wagon...oh so difficult when my DH 'loves' his Mexico cokes (i secretively love them too!).  Now I purchase orange and clear pops, at a minimum...one or two liters per week for 3 people.  I try to have other options for drinking; bottle water, ice tea, orange juice, cranberry or grape juice, and milk.  Now i'm trying different types of tea (hot) with my DD as she needs to maintain her weight.  We go out to get a small meal at McD when we are totally hungry & out shopping; but we don't eat full meals, and don't order ANY soda pops.  Prior to going out shopping, we eat at home or plan on stopping at a nice sit down restaurant and share a salad and healthy meal...sometimes it Chinese without MSG.

specialwingz
by Corey on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:57 AM

Way to go, Heather!!!  woohoo

aj_mom
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Yay! That is so awesome. Keep up the good work.

Memere60
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:23 AM

I'm with you. Stopped drive throughs a while ago, but when I had to bring my sil to the doc, she would ask me to stop at a major fast food place. When I got to the window to pick up her food, the SMELL coming through the window made me want to throw up. I am also trying to lose weight. Have 15-20 lbs. to go. No more soda, but I have one more vice to conquer: chocolate. I know, it's bad. But I am trying.

Stacie03
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Great job!!!  I have been stopping more often here lately it seems like.  I need to get my butt in gear and stop it! lol  Good luck keeping up the drive thru ban :)  Crossing my fingers that spring is nearly here I am soo ready to get outside again.

Shygirl951
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this
You go mama it all starts with lifestyle choices :-)
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I cant wait for spring either! Going for walks and to the park a lot more often!

Quoting Stacie03:

Great job!!!  I have been stopping more often here lately it seems like.  I need to get my butt in gear and stop it! lol  Good luck keeping up the drive thru ban :)  Crossing my fingers that spring is nearly here I am soo ready to get outside again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)