Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Argh. charged twice

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:06 PM
  • 12 Replies
I wrote a check to Justice in January for $120. It was finally deposited last week. I was like wow. Never had a check held that long. Well this Tuesday it posted again. I called usaa and we are disputing it. But I have to fax the documents to them notorized. That was $15. I have to pay for their stupid mistake
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

oh that so sucks that you had to shell out more to correct it..they should give you back that money

sweetspice03
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:23 PM

I agree with aneela.  You should be credited the $15 plus whatever fees you incur from this mess.

TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:25 PM
How would I get that back?

Quoting aneela:

oh that so sucks that you had to shell out more to correct it..they should give you back that money

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:32 PM

i would call their customer service...the store...and tell them or email them and  let them know what you had to do when it was their mistake. say it nicely as you can lol and see what they say.

Quoting TheBabyFactory4: How would I get that back?
Quoting aneela:

aj23
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Usually if you call the company first they will reverse it and it won't cost you anything. It's usually much faster than waiting on the bank to investigate too.
AzariahsMother
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Wow, that's upsetting
choaspartyof4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Oh that stinks. I ordered from scholastic book order online 2 weeks ago and they just charged my card twice :/ got to call them today
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Sorry USAA has never charged us. There is a copy of the check they scan that you can view on you checking. Same check numbers and dates should be enough to resolve it. Ask to speak to a supervisor, and make sure you say the agents name when speaking addressing her. Lets them know youre keeping track of who you are talking to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stacie03
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

That sucks I hope you can get it straightened out.

specialwingz
by Corey on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure what or why they are having you notorize and fax.  They have scans of ALL checks that are written and processed and should be able to see for themselves that the same check number was run TWICE. 

confused

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN