Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

New to CVS shopping - good deal? (PIOG)

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 4:58 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

I bought the following for $37.46 including tax:

8 bottles of 9 oz dawn dish soap

1 package of Pampers

3 Pantene bottles (2 shampoo/conditioner mix, & 1 conditioner)

2 Head & Shoulder bottles

1 bag of jelly beans

1 chocolate Easter egg

2 boxes of kids Valentine cards (on clearance)

& 2 packs of 6 soap bars.

And I have $1 of ECB to use on next trip. Does that seem like a good start to cvs shopping? Or should i have done way more work on it? I did mis-read a $10 ECB reward, so didn't get that :/

by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 4:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:37 AM

how many coupons did you use? I would have tried to break it up into smaller transactions to try and roll any extra bucks. didnt you get extra bucks for both the easter egg and jelly beans?

choaspartyof4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:11 AM
Did you miss read the olay soap deal? Because I almost did that yesterday too. You should have got 99cent eb for the jelly beans and 87 cent eb for the Reese egg. I got those yesterday too.
vmommy
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:44 PM

I broke it into 2 transactions.  The first was everything except the dish soap & pampers.  In the first transaction I used5 coupons. I think they were: $2/2 Olay, $5/3 Pantene products,And there's 3 - $1/1 coupons on the transaction.  I know 2 were probably for the Head & Shoulders, but I'm not sure what the third P&G $1 off was for.  It's not the CVS coupon because I used that on the next one.  

The second transaction was the dish soap and pampers.  I used 4 - $1/2 dawn soap coupons, a $1.50/1 pampers, the $1 off P&G CVS coupon, & the ECB's from the first transaction (.99 + .74 = 1.73)

Quoting aneela:

how many coupons did you use? I would have tried to break it up into smaller transactions to try and roll any extra bucks. didnt you get extra bucks for both the easter egg and jelly beans?

vmommy
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:45 PM

I did!  I was expecting to get the $10 ECB from that and have my dish soap & diapers (2nd transaction) be almost free. =( 

Quoting choaspartyof4: Did you miss read the olay soap deal? Because I almost did that yesterday too. You should have got 99cent eb for the jelly beans and 87 cent eb for the Reese egg. I got those yesterday too.

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Sounds good to me.

I'm taking all my business from CVS soon. I am slowly moving prescriptions elsewhere. I mostly use them for prescriptions. They constantly make "courtesy calls" plus they are now saying they can't give me info on my kids drugs which yes, they are "adults" but I do all that for them. I said, let them sign a hipaa agreement. They said, no you need a power of attorney. Screw that B.S.

choaspartyof4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 2:09 PM
2 moms liked this
If you I back and buy more to get up to the $30 it will print then. But you have to do it before Sun.

Quoting vmommy:

I did!  I was expecting to get the $10 ECB from that and have my dish soap & diapers (2nd transaction) be almost free. =( 

Quoting choaspartyof4: Did you miss read the olay soap deal? Because I almost did that yesterday too. You should have got 99cent eb for the jelly beans and 87 cent eb for the Reese egg. I got those yesterday too.

vmommy
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

^Thanks for the tip =) 

oddfox
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 7:47 AM

You can do quite well if you are really careful. CVS tends to price things on the high side, so compare actual final prices with what other places charge. Dollar stores now accept coupons, if you have any near you, it might work out even better. Sizes may be different so you have to be careful. But bar soap and tooth paste are often cheaper there.

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Sounds good to me.

I'm taking all my business from CVS soon. I am slowly moving prescriptions elsewhere. I mostly use them for prescriptions. They constantly make "courtesy calls" plus they are now saying they can't give me info on my kids drugs which yes, they are "adults" but I do all that for them. I said, let them sign a hipaa agreement. They said, no you need a power of attorney. Screw that B.S.

If CVS is enforcing it you are going to find the same issue at other pharmacies as well. It isn't CVS. It is the law.

And I'd be leery if other pharmacies WEREN'T doing this for children over 18. Sorry. Cut the cords mama.

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 12:13 PM

I am switching to a less busy, more service oriented pharmacy. This has nothing to do with cutting the cords but thanks for that judgment. Have a great day.

Quoting clairewait:

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Sounds good to me.

If CVS is enforcing it you are going to find the same issue at other pharmacies as well. It isn't CVS. It is the law.

And I'd be leery if other pharmacies WEREN'T doing this for children over 18. Sorry. Cut the cords mama.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN