Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Need to figure out how to work this system

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 3:48 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

I just subscribed to amazons subscribe and save.  My family is gluten free, sugar free, junk free so food can be very expensive!  I got

12 pack rice cakes $23.90 (I usually pay $2.50/pack so $30)

12 boxes of cereal $26.78 (I usually pay $4/box so $48)

6 packs brown rice pasta $12.43 (I usually pay $2.50/bag so $15)

Plentil chips $2.17 a bag (the one time I bought them they were $3)

Pack of 24 trail mixes (for our upcoming trip)  $15.86 don't usually buy those

because I have 5 subscriptions being delivered this month I got 20% off.

So that's $81.14 minus 20% is $64.92

Regular would be $96 plus the trail mix!  I don't usually buy that but retail on that is around $25 so $121!  I saved almost 50%!

So now I plan to get things we reguarly use set up so I have 5 subscribe and save items a month and get the 20% back!

Anybody else use subscribe and save?  I really wish my kid's vitamins were on there!

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 3:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 3:50 AM

Oh and I live 40 miles from all major stores.  Stores here in California don't double coupons so even if I can find a coupon on something we eat I just can't make the drive to match it with sales and such.  It's not worth it!

sweetspice03
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 4:32 AM

I used it when dd was in diapers.  She had very sensitive skin as a baby, and could wear only the natural diapers.  One of our stores here has a generic natural diaper, which worked well, but was still expensive.  So I looked on Amazon, and was able to get the Seventh Generation diapers for a lot cheaper there through the Subscribe and Save option. 

Shanon1
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 10:45 AM
That's awesome! No but I might do it, now. I just usually shop store-brand & lookout for sales.
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Mar. 9, 2014 at 10:59 AM

no never used it but that is great for those items...def worth it

bluestreak35
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, Kudos to you OP! That to me is the true art of Frugality. Finding the best deal on the products you want, not just always buying the cheapest crap.

AzariahsMother
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Never used before.

TLC4theworld
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:17 PM
I use it a lot. We are military overseas at a smaller location. It's expensive here. We get my oldest her shampoo and conditioner that way. Our soap bars. Snack items. My youngest night time diapers, her for a pack of ten we are paying any where from 15.99 to 19.99 on amazon I get 3 packs of 26 for 41.00 to 44.00.

I do a lot of shopping on amazon.
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:27 PM
Never heard of it. I'm glad you saved so much money!
woolftwo
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:37 PM

I LOVE Amazon's subscribe and save, and use it on several always used items. Also a Prime member.

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Mar. 11, 2014 at 12:49 AM
I use it a lot for just about everything anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)