Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

I really want to buy my twin girls summer clothing from The Childrens Place...

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:11 AM
  • 21 Replies

And everything is on sale and I have a 25% coupon. My husband with is a horrible skinflint says it is still too expensive... Are there are better coupons anyone knows of for TCH? Thank you!

by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetspice03
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 3:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Sign up for Place Rewards.  No cost to join, and you earn points on purchases.  If you provide your email address, you can have coupons emailed to you, and if you have a smartphone, all you have to do is show the email to the cashier.  Plus, if you provide your kids' birthdate, you'll get coupons around their birthday too. 

Yes, sometimes Children's Place is a bit more.  But their clothing is a great, long-lasting quality, and the sizes tend to run a little bigger, so they're worn longer and you really get the most for your money.  But if you shop the sales right, check the clearance racks and bins, and use coupons, you can get a great deal.  Heck, I've even bought jeans from there for $8 a pair (on sale, plus coupon), which is cheaper than a lot of other stores, and recently, I got my daughter some shirts for just $5 each.  My kids are almost 11 and 7, and Children's Place clothing has held up very well with both of them.

momrocks2000
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:31 AM

I purchased most of my DD's clothing at TCP when she was younger.  DD now is 14.   I used coupons at TCP (long ago), and I resold my DD's clothing regularly to other parents, and placed them online for sale.  We have craigslist, on line garage sales via Facebook, and Mom to Mom Sales.   Best wishes.

Amanda471
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 1:35 PM

I am not sure when the next one will be but Children's Place has flash sales on their website for one day only.  If you sign up for e-mails they will let you know.  It's usually $3.99 for tops and shorts, $5.00 for tops & shorts or everything 40% off.  I was able to get lots of shorts/tops for my 3 kids during one of their flash sales.  I think the last one was in January.  E-bay also sells lots of gently used Children's Place clothing-it's worth a look.  I just got swim shorts and swim top for my 4 year old boy from E Bay and it's like new-cost me $11.00 for both pieces, free shipping.  Good luck-hope you find a good deal!  

Chelsey191
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 1:41 PM
I went to the gap yesterday and they had wicked sales. 50% off hoodies, 70% off gap logo tshirts and 30% off shorts. Plus after that I got a 40% off coupon emailed to me that I used too. The shorts worked out to $12. Tshirts were about $5 and the hoodie was $8. I got ds 4 tshirts, a hoodie, two pairs of shorts, and I got myself a nightie and shirt for $90. It was great!
MyNameIs-
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Children's Place clothing is much better quality than, say Walmart. Keep that in mind. You won't have to replace clothing as often and might save in the long term.
Mommy383
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 1:46 PM

I just got jeans for kids $7 each shipped free. They always have sales. I have never paid more than $4 for a shirt and $8 for pants or shorts. 

Mommy383
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 1:47 PM

Quoting MyNameIs-: Children's Place clothing is much better quality than, say Walmart. Keep that in mind. You won't have to replace clothing as often and might save in the long term.

My son wore a pair of their jeans for 2 years and they are still in great condition. When his brother gets big enough they will be his.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:44 PM

i dont know...but sign up for their emails...and rewards card

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:35 PM

I used to wait for TCP online (end of season) sales and got tons of stuff for like $1.99. But I have to be honest. I'm fading it out of my go-to stores.

The clothes are so cheap and they do not last long. Truly. I don't really care when a pair of pants is $1.99, but I'm telling you most of them have ripped and.or faded before the season was out. Also, the fit is very inconsistent. And the uniform pants are so thin... ugh.

I will stick with them for random accessories like leggings and PJ's and socks and undies, because those sort of tend to be fine no matter where you get them.

But I'm otherwise done with TCP clothes.

Lavie74
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:45 PM

first of all there are clerance rack s where ith your coupons he might be surprised how inexpensive the cloths are. Also a lot of times I go on line get free shiping hit the sale button and use my coupons. I save a lot of money that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)