Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

If you freeze meals...

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:32 PM
  • 15 Replies

What is you best recipe...tried and true?  I have only found a few things that freeze well....meaning they are just as good frozen as fresh.

Mine are pulled pork, chicken taquitos and sneaky meatballs with marinara.  I can share the recipes if you are interested.  I save a lot of money making in quantitiy and freezing.

by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:43 PM

I've been recently making this white chicken chili that is far better the longer it sits, whether frozen or a couple days later from the fridge.

2Gs
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Chili does freeze well.  I am burned out pn it atm.  A long tine ago I had this mexican chili with black beans and shreaded beef.  Maybe I will make that.

Quoting clairewait:

I've been recently making this white chicken chili that is far better the longer it sits, whether frozen or a couple days later from the fridge.

AzariahsMother
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:39 PM
I don't freeze
TLC4theworld
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:10 AM
Most soups/stews freeze well as long as you don't have noodles in them. All my soups I wait till we are eating that batch to add the noodles.
specialwingz
by Corey on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Most soups, stes and casseroles freeze well.  So, I always make extra to freeze so I can save time during our really busy horse show weekends.

I have a Foodsaver.  So, I just line my 9x9 baking dish with foil or plastic wrap, pour in the meal I'm freezing, cover with foil and pop it in the freezer till it's frozen.  Then, I take it and pop it out of the dish and into a vacuum seal bag, seal and pop it right back in the fridge.  Makes stacking and storing so much easier!

CDW75
by Candi on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:07 PM
I would love your recipes if you don't mind sharing.

Quoting 2Gs:

What is you best recipe...tried and true?  I have only found a few things that freeze well....meaning they are just as good frozen as fresh.

Mine are pulled pork, chicken taquitos and sneaky meatballs with marinara.  I can share the recipes if you are interested.  I save a lot of money making in quantitiy and freezing.

bluestreak35
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:18 PM

Spaghetti sauce with meat. Prepare big batch and freeze extra.

Only need to boil noodles on spaghetti night.

Taco meat. Cook up a big batch and freeze the extra.

Just need shells and veggies and cheese on taco night.

Next time you make beef stew, make a bunch and freeze the extra.

Next time you make a lasagna, make two. Bake one and Freeze one.

Any leftover meat from pretty much any dinner can be frozen for later use in casseroles, soups, stews, hash, fried rice and anything your creative mind can think of.

lasombrs
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:22 PM
None of my cooked meals tend to freeze well :/ so I freeze pre measured out bags of diced chicken, have tubs filled with sliced, and deprecate for diced veggies. I always make extra waffles or pancakes when I make them and freeze those too. I add peppers and onions to everything now that they are pre cut and I can use just a little not a whole one
2Gs
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

For the pulled pork, i cook down a shoulder at 225 until it shreads. Add a can lf coke to the pot and when it shreds add your fav bbq sauce.

http://centercutcook.com/skinny-creamy-taquitos/

for the meatballs Imuse this recipe but with changes.  I only use pork and beef.  I add a cup of spinach/kale to the water and run through the blender and I bake imstead of fry.  

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/the-best-meatballs/

Quoting CDW75: I would love your recipes if you don't mind sharing.
Quoting 2Gs:

AiW
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:02 PM
Leftover brisket, frozen with cooking liquid for reheating so it's not dry.

Meatloaf (individual or family size).

Chicken soup with veggies (no noodles).

Baked goods such as unfrosted cakes and cupcakes. I wrap in wax paper and then in a ziplock bag. Just let thaw on counter.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN