Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you fight over it?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:44 PM
  • 7 Replies

Do you and your partner fight over money (or the lack of it)?

What was your biggest financial fight about?

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

This is actually one of the big things we have never fought about.

Finances have given us a lot of stress, for sure (my husband more than me), but because I do not tend to worry about it, we don't fight about it.

He has also fully given over to my cheapskate spending, so whenever a big purchase has to be made, we both look for our cheapest options. We're pretty realistic about what we can afford, and we're both pretty chill about going without a lot of things right now.

specialwingz
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

We have never fought about anything, financial or otherwise.  Dh and I have known each other for 43 years.  We knew where each other stood way before we ever got married.  We are on the same page about everything.  We talk about purchases before we make them.  We both do the budget together.  We simply don't disagree.

No, we're not perfect.  And, no, I'm not lying.  We are simply on the same page in life.  In the past, I didn't believe life could be like this.  With my ex, everything was a fight.  But, I have learned it IS possible to be in tune with someone else.  And, it is wonderful!

Fighting is so nonproductive and stressful.  Not to mention, unnecessary. 

oddfox
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:59 PM

We've been at loggerheads over money, but have learned to work together on it. We have different philosophies, each has it's strong points, we've learned from each other. I am the tightwad, DH is the live the moment guy. He taught me to loosen up and I taught him about coupons and shopping for value. Last week he used coupons, paid nothing for the three items, and got 70 something cents back from the purchase. He is hooked.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:00 PM

We've never really fought about anything, including money, in the 19+ years we've been married even though we've had plenty of financial stress.  We've had serious "discussions" about money, usually on how it's to be spent.

chicken13
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:09 PM

I can honestly say that we've never had a fight over money.  Not even when we were dirt poor.

we have had blow outs before...usually over something incredibly stupid because we are both stressed about something else entirely.  

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:28 PM
We have, he keeps calling it his money... Then I remind him its his mess so he could clean it. Right now my car is going to cost another 575 to get the AC fixed, in addition to the 335 for hose and oil change. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bleacheddecay
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:59 PM

We don't fight over this at all. We are sometimes frustrated but we don't fight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)